New Member and retro fitted air con

Hi Guys
New member here. I thought Id register and say Hi, albeit Ive been reading the forum in general for a few years when I was based back in England. After yoyoing to and fro, Australia to England, Ive settled here in Sydney with my Aussie Mrs.

Ive got a 2007 (previous shape to current) 208Cdi swb on its way over from England, it should arrive in a week to 10 days all being well. Ive owned the van from new, for the first two years it was a stationery delivery van, then I started to use it as my persoanl vehicle, and when I sold the business in 2010, I bought the van as it was just too good to sell on and worth next to nothing in the UK (about £4-5000) albeit its still only travelled 78000 miles. So, whats so special about the little Truck? well initially nothing, but since buying it off my business I set about turning it into a small user friendly camper van. Ive got loads of before during and after photos if anybody is interested, anyway, its turned out to be a very tasty special little truck and draws a lot of attention whenever its parked up.

The only draw back was that when I went back to the UK to ship the van, I didnt leave enough time to get aircon retrofitted, so in a nutshell I wondered if any of you guys here in Oz were in the know? Either a retrofit of a stock cab aircon (yes I know its a big job) or is there a bolt on system for the cabin area that can be used whilst driving?

I was also going to get the engine chipped boosting the 82bhp up to 211/311 spec i.e. around 109/110 bhp.....Ive not seen anyone advertising this service here, is it available?

Any help would be appreciated

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Guys
New member here. I thought Id register and say Hi, albeit Ive been reading the forum in general for a few years when I was based back in England. After yoyoing to and fro, Australia to England, Ive settled here in Sydney with my Aussie Mrs.
Welcome to the Land down under where the long white Sprinters roam.

Ive got a 2007 (previous shape to current) 208Cdi swb on its way over from England, it should arrive in a week to 10 days all being well. Ive owned the van from new, for the first two years it was a stationery delivery van, then I started to use it as my persoanl vehicle, and when I sold the business in 2010, I bought the van as it was just too good to sell on and worth next to nothing in the UK (about £4-5000) albeit its still only travelled 78000 miles. So, whats so special about the little Truck? well initially nothing, but since buying it off my business I set about turning it into a small user friendly camper van. Ive got loads of before during and after photos if anybody is interested, anyway, its turned out to be a very tasty special little truck and draws a lot of attention whenever its parked up.

This is official on the OZ side of the pond.
worthless2zh.gif
Come on down to Tassie, and I'll take you on a quick flight around our block.
vango.jpg

The only draw back was that when I went back to the UK to ship the van, I didnt leave enough time to get aircon retrofitted, so in a nutshell I wondered if any of you guys here in Oz were in the know? Either a retrofit of a stock cab aircon (yes I know its a big job) or is there a bolt on system for the cabin area that can be used whilst driving?
There are many aftermarket roof mounted air con units available. Forget Benz it'll cost as much as your van did.

I was also going to get the engine chipped boosting the 82bhp up to 211/311 spec i.e. around 109/110 bhp.....Ive not seen anyone advertising this service here, is it available?

Any help would be appreciated
Welcome to Australia, hope you enjoy the lucky place as much as I do. PS if it isn't bolted down we'll knock it off.:lol:
011 (Custom) copy.jpg
013 (Custom) copy.jpg

Cheers Richard

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Mine has Oz style retrofitted front and rear aircon as part of the ambo fitout, it was done by a company called crisp air out of QLD. http://www.crisp-air.com.au/ Not sure how much it costs, but probably a lot, it seems they don't spare any expense on the ambo fittings, just on the monkeys that do the hard labour.

In mine it has front aircon in the dash, but also an extra evaporator mounted at the very back (LWB) ceiling, losing about 150mm headroom for the rearmost 400mm or so. Note that the MWB ambos have both a condenser and evaporator mounted at the back and outside on the roof, you don't want that.

For a SWB you could probably get away with just dash aircon, so it may be more economical to get all the factory parts from a wrecked van.

Mine has Oz style retrofitted front and rear aircon as part of the ambo fitout, it was done by a company called crisp air out of QLD. http://www.crisp-air.com.au/ Not sure how much it costs, but probably a lot, it seems they don't spare any expense on the ambo fittings, just on the monkeys that do the hard labour.
Thanks for the recommendation 'owner' we certainly can assist with the standard dash Air Conditioning System, as we were the suppliers to Mercedes Benz for the Australian factory Air option. I still list the full kit with full step by step installation instructions, if you have a bit of mechanical knowledge you can fit the kit within 8-10 hours. You will then need to organise an ARC licenced Air Conditioning technician to pressure test, evacuate & gas the system.

I can provide a complete kit for - $2520 + Gst.

For any others interested we can supply all parts for the following "Factory" Air Systems, (Kit number is stamped on a Gold Plate on the radiator support panel.)

B 64 83 3080 (308D)
B 64 83 4120 (308,312,412D)
B 64 83 3100 (308,313,413CDI)
B 64 83 3101 (308,313,316,413,416,616CDI)
B 64 83 3102 (308,313,316,413,416,616CDI)

All parts for Dual Air Ambulance Systems

KTME01000 (312D)
KTME02000 (312D)
KTME04000 (312D)
KTME05000 (312D)
KTME 8600 (316CDI)
KTME 8601 (316CDI)
KTME 8602 (316CDI)
KTME 8603 (316CDI)
KTME 8604 (316CDI)
KTME 8605 (316CDI)

All Parts for Rear Air Only Ambulances

KTME 5600 (315CDI)
KTME 5800 (318CDI)

In addition to the above air conditioning kits we can also Line & Refrigerate any of the older Sprinter models through to the current, as well as supply refrigerated bodies to the cab chassis models.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact myself on dtregoning@crisp-air.com.au

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
we certainly can assist with the standard dash Air Conditioning System, as we were the suppliers to Mercedes Benz for the Australian factory Air option
Thats interesting.

I can vouch for the crisp-air rear AC unit, it works very well in my long tall ex-ambo. I do have a few specific questions though so will email you guys. Thanks for posting here.

Top Bottom