Sprinter day camper (in progress)

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Here's my project:

post 2002 MB grille and badging, MB logo on airbag cover

Low profile fantastic fan with rain sensor and Resolux flourescent light.

insulate and soundproof the roof with noise mat, foil backed 3/8 thermal insulation and pu foam (walls, doors and floor is next)

2 aux 70Ah agm batteries below passenger seat with isolation relay and 1000W inverter.

kitchen module with sink,fridge and microwave plus fresh and waste water containers.

Blaupunk aux in for the Sound 30 and new front Polk speakers in the headliner. (I'll be adding a buil-in touchscreen next to the shifter to control my powerbook running iTunes and Romeo)

Curt hitch, 4/6 receptacle and isolation converter mounted below left rear taillamp (taillamps are the post 2002 model year MB models)

In the rear portion I have temporary wooden box for futon mattress (will be replaced with nice VW t5 folding sleeper bench seat I bought inGermany with integrated belts and floor mounted track system when I finally have enough free time to get to it...

Enjoy
George

Attachments

Last edited:

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Sorry Frank,

I don't have a part number

My brothers friend works for MB in Germany he found it...

I think it's from the C-series airbag, I did have to sand it down to make it thinner.

Our Dodge airbag covers were made from the MB molds, if you pull off the doge logo you'll see the Star, but they added molded in concentric ridges onto the star to support the metal decal.

Hit The Road Jack

2006 Roadhouse Sprinter
Beautiful job George!...:cheers:

I also converted (all on my own) a 2006 Dodge Tagged 158" WB Passenger Version Sprinter, I have the Passenger Seats stored in my garage, had to order the van with seats to get the full window package...:idunno:

What is that mounted on your rear ashtray slot?

Regards...Jack...;)

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
georgetg: this is off topic. I've got a topic in this SprinterForum about the Sprinter first aid kit. Is it possible your brother's friend might find out the part number and maybe give a clue as to how to order it? Several owners are eager to find this accessory.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Great idea Seek!...:thumbup:

What gauge wire did you use for the run?...:idunno:
Thanks Jack.

I used 16AWG red from the fuse holder in the picture below...
IMGP0011.JPG
...and I ran 16AWG black to the body. I have three ash trays on the driver's side and each has 2 sockets. One 10A fuse for 2 sockets.

I have six 10A fuses. One for the subwoofer, three for the six 12V sockets along the driver's side, and I have two left for additional 12V sockets.

You can never have too many 12V sockets as I found out on our recent trip. :D

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Jack, thank you,
The second ashtray is replaced by six 120V outlets coming off the inverter under the passenger seat

Seek,
Your electric "hellhole" looks better than mine...

I filled my first passenger ashtray with the same fuse block Seek has under his seat. (the 80Amp breaker secures the double 8GA wire run to the Fuse block)

I can try to see about the First Aid kit, but my brother just had a baby girl 2 weeks ago... ;-)

Cheers
George

Attachments

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
That's neat gave me an extra idea for mine to do after christmas
I noted your Mercedes-Benz emblem it's wrong for the sprinter series
2000-2007
The star is plastic chrome reset into the SRS airbag
Fit the strip on the outside when you can it covers up the spot weld marks
mine came standard
Keep on Sprintering
Richard

Hit The Road Jack

2006 Roadhouse Sprinter
Great pix George!...:thumbup:

If I may ask, what camera are those taken with, resolution etc.?

Congrats to your brother on his baby girl 'Uncle George'...:cheers:

Regards...Jack...:bounce:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Seek,
Your electric "hellhole" looks better than mine...
I don't know about that. It's still a hellhole. :smilewink:

I filled my first passenger ashtray with the same fuse block Seek has under his seat. (the 80Amp breaker secures the double 8GA wire run to the Fuse block)
:thumbup:

I can try to see about the First Aid kit, but my brother just had a baby girl 2 weeks ago... ;-)
Congratulations on your new Niece! :cheers:

Seek

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
thanks Jack, Seek,

my camera is a 4 year old Olympus Stylus 300 3.2Megapixel.

It's the 3th Olympus digital I have owned and I'm extremely happy with the colors it captures.

Cheers
George

frostback

junior sprinter
That is a slick setup.:drool: Nicely integrated as well, it looks stock.:thumbup:

They are from a T5 right? Where did you locate this seat?

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
That is a slick setup.:drool: Nicely integrated as well, it looks stock.:thumbup:
They are from a T5 right? Where did you locate this seat?
Thanks frostback, that was the idea...

I got them from eBay Germany
(sometimes you can find them on eBay UK)

unfortunatly the T5 bench is the only one that is self supporting. All of the earlier benches rely on anchors in the sidewall for the seatbelts and to keep the backrest at the correct angle.

It's quite a pain dealing internationally, but for me was worth it...

Cheers
George

Top Bottom