Please explain to me how to use the Heater Booster

acvr4

Hey guys I just picked mine up last night in our first snow storm :wtf:
Well I'm looking at my A/C button and there is the REST but there is no side heater markings though there is a led there:thinking: . I'll mess with it later (heading to the international bike show in NYC in a little bit :)) Is it possible to not have it (standard heat booster)? The owner manual shows it but it's not on mine.

Andy

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Hey guys I just picked mine up last night in our first snow storm :wtf:
Well I'm looking at my A/C button and there is the REST but there is no side heater markings though there is a led there:thinking: . I'll mess with it later (heading to the international bike show in NYC in a little bit :)) Is it possible to not have it (standard heat booster)? The owner manual shows it but it's not on mine.
Hey Andy,

I went researching the heater last night and I found it confusing. The Heater Booster and the Auxiliary Heater seem to point to the same unit underneath the battery with the exhaust muffler even though the owners manual say they are different. :idunno:

Pedal bike or Motor bike show? :D

Seek

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
When we first got our LTV Sprinter (10/05) we noticed some smoke coming from the area in front of the left front wheel after we shut off the engine. I looked up there and saw some odd looking pipes and boxes and I was thinking it ought not to be smoking.

After a couple of weeks of worrying I discovered that the led on the center bar of the A/C-Rest circle was lit. I pushed it and the light went off and the smoking didn't happen anymore. Then I read the owner's manual to learn what on earth the bar was supposed to do.

Wrong way around, but that's how I discovered the diesel-fired heater that really comes in handy on these cold mornings lately.

acvr4

Hey Seek -- just got back a little while ago (I'm beat):snore: It's the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in NYC.
I went down with a bunch of guys -- It was a good time.

My two wheel toys - 05 R1 and my classic 86 VFR750

Andy

Last edited:

rogerbeeghly

Here is what to look for to see if you have the heater booster. If you have the small muffler then you have it. Also here is a picture of the button, the wavy lines just above the rest button. The switch I put in with the wavy lines is what I wired in to run the heater booster without running the engine.

Attachments

rvdriverca

Are you saying that it is possible to have the extra heater built into the van with out the switch to turn it on. And all I have to do is add the switch for the pre-heat?

rogerbeeghly

I added the switch witch then taps into all the stuff to get it to run. Look under 7 day timer under body section for more detail. Not as simple as adding switch. Took me months to figuire it out.

rvdriverca

Some week day's I make a number of short trips a day, and as it was cold last week and reading about the heat boosterI used it on these trips. On the fillup today I found a increase of about 25% in fuel use. And at $1.059 cdn a liter x 3.79 + 10% = $4.41 a gallon usd very costly to keep my self warm.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Some week day's I make a number of short trips a day, and as it was cold last week and reading about the heat boosterI used it on these trips. On the fillup today I found a increase of about 25% in fuel use. And at $1.059 cdn a liter x 3.79 + 10% = $4.41 a gallon usd very costly to keep my self warm.
rvdriverca
Short trips urban traffic! higher fuel consumption using heat booster
Question has your Sprinter got the MSS option ?
Richard

Zach Woods

Hi Richard -

If it's a North American spec Sprinter chances are it doesn't have the option . . .

Is MSS the package that shuts the engine down for stop lights and delivery stops (and then starts it back up again when you shift the Sprinter into gear)?

If I'm thinking of a different option than remind us what MSS is.

Last edited:

rvdriverca

Hi Richard: since I have no idea what mss is, I must not have it. What I do have is a sprinter that just loves to be behind a tow truck. This is now the 3rd time it quite running for no reason, and taken to a dealer. This van is 4 months old and only 21,000 km on it. It has been take in a total of 9 times for computers, temp. senser, tailpipe falling off.and turbo boost problems. And it likes still likes to lose power at slow speeds for a moment at any time it wants to. I wish some body would steel it.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Richard: since I have no idea what mss is, I must not have it. What I do have is a sprinter that just loves to be behind a tow truck. This is now the 3rd time it quite running for no reason, and taken to a dealer. This van is 4 months old and only 21,000 km on it. It has been take in a total of 9 times for computers, temp. senser, tailpipe falling off.and turbo boost problems. And it likes still likes to lose power at slow speeds for a moment at any time it wants to. I wish some body would steel it.
MMS is a fuel saver, as Zack said , it's an option! and no mine does not have it.
I'm sorry your having a bad run,on your Sprinter, Why :idunno:my vans are trouble free,honest it's really weird "Strange things with the N/A Sprinters"
Cheer up Richard:thumbup:

chaozz

you have the lemon law there?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
you have the lemon law there?
Yes I did it with Mercedes on a MB100 proved it was a defective design so after three years of fighting them through the system I got back a check for three quarters of it's valve based on the miles down Blew clutches every twenty thousand K's inverted clutch forks, Yes inverted the fork a full 180 degree clutch rods and linkages bent. You either lost all gears or it locked between third and reverse, not funny driving up a road the wrong way in reverse because you could not get up a hill in third from a standing start... worn stuffed, you name it and it went wrong, A.S.I.C. is the Australian watch dog for this, Guess who was on the Board at the time:cheers:.
I was not sure what your Sprinters had in options as there seems to be different cat's for HOT, COLD, and Canada again is slightly different,especially when there is a number of the Sprinters being purchase in the US and bought in via the back door of Canada, you can't blame these Folk the pricing between Canada and the US is a huge difference. so I get a little confused as to what you have or have not it also surprises me as to how few are really about, when you consider the N/A Sector of over 330 million
On another thread Scott said you have no armrests to another member, He forgets the armrests are part of a option package, I have seen UPS Vans without them.
The MMS system is used frequently in Europe especially in Paris , the side lanes, roads are very old and mostly two lane, with delivery and crazy park anywhere the French way any thing goes hold ups are frequent, so the engine shuts down after a few seconds once you engage neutral.
On both Automatic and Manual the MSS switch is located at the bottom set of switch panels fourth in next to the Axillary switch above that in the Din slot the digital auto timer is there for setting times up to a 7 day time frame switch.
There is a reference as to both switches co-ordinating with some sort of code error when it gets below 0c but its in Austrian German language can't work it out as I'm not fluent enough with the German language converting back into English quite often does not make sense as the wording as in Chinese symbols five thousand of them v 28 thousand English words "Basic" has many means for the same word.
although i have said this in another post, I will say that there is enough evidence in place to take the dealerships to court on the repeating problems you folk have had with the Sprinters, something in the US sector isn't adding up, and it's a definite cover up to hide information, proving who is responsible is beyond the resources of the average single despondent, the respondent would hang you alive, before you got out of a county court.
Just remember you have two types of Aux Heating It will switch off after 15 minutes once the ignition is engaged, I have heard of cases where it wont work in the way it's supposed to. so just deactivate the switch time and reset it, It's a pain I know but life goes on.
Richard

rvdriverca

There are no lemon law's in Canada that I know of. But brings up a interesting point If i would have bought this camper in the USA, I would have no warranty in Canada, but would have lemon law protection in most states in the USA. Interesting!.

Top Bottom