Post your Westy!

Zach Woods

Are you proud of your Westy? Post it, then!

If you are proud of your Airstream Sprinter Westfalia (Mercedes James Cook outside North America) then let everyone know!

Post photos, links, your website, or simply testamonials!

Zach Woods

Howdy Folks -

My wife and I have been enjoying our Westfalia for a bit over a year now. We have taken trips that have taken us south to the Florida keys and north as far as Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I've had a few VW Westfalias in the past and enjoyed them to no end so I was very excited to see that the Mercedes James Cook was going to be offered in the US (a James Cook model has been available in Europe for 30 years or so!).

Here is a favorite photo of our Westy at the West Point campground in New York:

Attachments

Hi.

Tomorrow we'll be celebrating our first year of fun with "Hans", our Westy. We're a family of four which has spent the past 12 months exploring California every other weekend, and we've taken two longer holidays as far as Santa Barbara, and as far north as British Columbia, Canada. It's been an awesome ride, and we enjoy every second we're in the van. You can read about our adventures at www.ourwesty.net.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Hi, We just subscribed. Hope that means we can receive the updates from the Westy threads.
Only if you have your email notification set.

Go to your UserCP (Control Panel), and edit your options. There should be a "Default subscription Mode" where you set how often, or not at all, you want to recieve email about your subscribed threads.

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Hi BrianJoan,

Welcome to the forum. See if Zach comes on to welcome you. He's rather sporadic but an excellent source of info for Westies.

championms

Re: sprinter westfalia for sale 8,000 miles mint condition

2005 westfalia 8,000 miles
all options
mint condition
$4,7500
Ed @ 1-401-301-8137

Zach Woods

Howdy Folks -

My wife and I have been enjoying our Westfalia for a bit over a year now. We have taken trips that have taken us south to the Florida keys and north as far as Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
I just noticed that this post is now WAY out of date!

We've now had our Westy for about 4 years and we still love it!

It's now been as far north as Newfoundland (on a trip we took nearly 2 years ago) and our toddler son thinks its' his own personal play house.

So far we haven't made it any further west than Jackson Center, OH, though . . .

Zach

discus

GA Westy

512Westy

Nice job with the restoration! That is a great job. Now you have a fantastic vehicle, enjoy it and the adventures you will have! Best of luck and welcome to the group

hollygirl

Wow, great job restoring the roof. Did you replace both the skylight and the corner windows? Where did you get them?
We just fixed the skylight cause we weren't able to find a replacement. We ended up taking the whole thing out to work on. My husband was able to hook up switches for the light and another one to open it cause the remote was giving us a hard time. As for the upper side window, we found a guy that could make us one, but wanted $1,200.00. We decided to get some Plexiglas to seal the window and have the guy make us a matching outside curved window to match the other side for $400.00. We cut the Plexiglas to fit in the window and place the new curved piece on top. Although we can't open that side we still have the skylight and other side for ventilation. It looks good and doesn't leak.

Top Bottom