Do you prefer anonymous or public polls

Do you prefer anonymous or public polls

• I will not vote in a public poll (don't want people to see how I voted)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I vote in public polls (after all, my info is already available in the members list)

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I am morally opposed to voting in polls!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zach Woods

Howdy -

Which type of poll do you prefer?

Anonymous - your member name is not listed, or

Public - your member name is listed as your vote

This poll is Anonymous so there is no reason not to vote!

Just trying to understand which polls will receive better responses and if the difference is at all significant.

Thanks,

Zach

Last edited:

Don Horner

2012 Unity IB
Depends on the poll. Mostly, I'm not ashamed of how I vote, but there could be times when I would prefer not to be identified (Poll: do you pee on the side of the road?)

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Me too. It depends on the poll.

Seek

ps. This brings up a question. Shall we lock up the memberlist to everyone? I know Guests are not allowed to see the memberlist, but shall we make it so for Registered Users also?

Zach Woods

Hi Seek -

Given that folks can choose how much or how little they include in their profile I think the members list should be open to members but closed to non-members.

I welcome others views on this but feel that the way things currently are allows each individual to, in effect, open or close their specific listing to the other members as they see fit. And currently nobody has to worry about non-members seeing a members info.

Zach

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Honest it does not worry me at all! I f I want to vote that's OK if it's a conscience vote? well maybe I'd think twice before submitting,mainly because of a flair back.
Public profile, interesting thought, I've had a few private emails from non members, no harm, but maybe it should be locked off from non members, then again if they join, then they can see it, after all it's my choice what I put down in the profile,
Different strokes,,, for different Folks
Richard

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Actually, a lot depends on the poll. I never respond to telephone polls (after experience I find they are not designed to learn your real opinion but a very narrow and limited portion of your opinion that really has to be qualified by other information) and rarely online polls for the same reason. For me they are a waste of my time and don't truly reflect my opinions.

OTOH, polls such as "how long is your sprinter" or "which RV do you have" are quite simple, do, in fact reflect my opinion, and are very interesting when you see the compilation. But, "Please rate on a scale of between 1 and 10 how many times you have thought about sex in the last three hours" or "Do you strongly disagree, disagree, agree, or strongly agree that you wish you could run around naked in the snow" are out of my radar.

And I didn't notice until now the mini-poll that's at the top of this page. There is not one of those answers that reflects my opinion.

Last edited:

Zach Woods

Hi Bill -

Thoughtful response. Thanks.

If the poll responses each included "Sprinter-Source.com" just before the word poll(s) would that answer your concerns and give you a response option that does reflect your views?

Zach

Last edited:

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
  • I will not vote in a public poll (don't want people to see how I voted)
  • I vote in public polls (after all, my info is already available in the members list)

• I am morally opposed to voting in polls!

So often in these polls I find myself looking for "D"...

Top Bottom