T1N headliner material

Carterwlsn

Does anyone know where I can find headliner material that looks just like the original on the front headliner? I want to insulate the rear of my van, and I also want it to look like it came from the factory. Without success, I went to the only local automotive paint and upholstery store to try and find something close. All they had was solid colors with a foam backing. They said they could order factory material @ $35 a yard. I looked in their books, but I was unable to find anything close. I had my local dealer quote me a price on an OEM headliner and rear panels. They quoted over $600 for the headliner and over $500 for the rear panels.:crazy: I am not about to pay that much money for a headliner. I don’t think the cargo vans even have a headliner as an option. I have not seen a picture with one in it. I think he was probably looking up one for a passenger van, in which case, I don’t think that one would work anyway because of the rear lights.
Thank you,
Carter

SprinterUSA1

Does anyone know where I can find headliner material that looks just like the original on the front headliner? I want to insulate the rear of my van, and I also want it to look like it came from the factory. Without success, I went to the only local automotive paint and upholstery store to try and find something close. All they had was solid colors with a foam backing. They said they could order factory material @ $35 a yard. I looked in their books, but I was unable to find anything close. I had my local dealer quote me a price on an OEM headliner and rear panels. They quoted over $600 for the headliner and over $500 for the rear panels.:crazy: I am not about to pay that much money for a headliner. I don’t think the cargo vans even have a headliner as an option. I have not seen a picture with one in it. I think he was probably looking up one for a passenger van, in which case, I don’t think that one would work anyway because of the rear lights.
Thank you,
Carter

Carter,

no lead on the material you are looking for. Contacted any RV suppliers yet? The cargo lights should not be a problem if they end up being covered by the OEM liner. Just cut a hole and pop them back in. Never actually looked into a passenger that closely. But if it has airducts down the center then you would not want the liner anyway, since you would end up with holes.
I thought I had seen a liner made from the same material as the sidepanels on the cargo version on the German Forum once. Cannot find it anymore. Just thinking that if you haul stuff around in the back this stuff would be easier to keep clean and does not tear like fabric would.

Maybe somebody else can help. Every once in a while you can find a set on ebay!!!

SprinterUSA1

AHAMAYfrank

Ordered03, Owned04, Now07
Carter,

Here is a picture of my 2004 with an OEM passenger van headliner. The lights are the same as the cargo and you can just relocate the lights to the headliner pieces. The lights are cheap, but the headliner was not. I just traded the 04 or I could have removed the headliner. OOPs.

Frank

Attachments

Carterwlsn

That is the setup I want, but it is just not worth what the dealer wants for it. I can make the headliner myself, but I need that type of material to cover it with. I don't want to put a solid color as it wouldn't match. I have found a material I can make the side panels myself. The only problem I have with the material is it is only available in 4x8 sheets. I need a 5x8 sheet. I guess I will have to splice them together. :thinking:I will also keep my eyes on eBay. Does anyone else have these parts for sale somewhere in the south?
Thank you, Carter

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Carter, another option is to remove or cover the front headliner with a new material. That way you don't have to chase down a matching oem fabric. Just cover the entire headliner with the new gray material. It'll probably look just as factory. :thumbup:

Do you think hot pink would look good or some faux leopard design? :smirk:

Carterwlsn

I have thought about that, but I hate to do it since the van is less than a year old. I'm going to see what I can come up with before I rip it out. The hot pink would be great. I also need some fuzzy dice for the mirror.:lol:

Top Bottom