Update on 4x4 believe it or not. It's official!!!!!

Straight from the horses mouth.

4x4 has been approved !!!!!!!!!!!! , and is most likely being made available in 2013 or better.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Keep the heat on, the ' folks' would like to know your reaction to this, and if you would like it sooner than later, I know the answer, but I want to show them the thread responses. By the way, we are almost over 50,000 views, let's crack it this weekend.

Best,

Mark P Hoch
General Manager
Flagship Motorcars
Sprinter Vans** New Line of Commercial Vans!
smart center lynnfield
A Herb Chambers Co.
Lynnfield, MA 01940
781-974-8274 cell
781-596-9700 work

mhoch@herbchambers.com

slsbl77

Makes my little heart go atwitter!!!!! I am on course for a 2013 to take the place of my 2010, perfect timing! Build it and they will come.....

Bob

VAN-tastic news!!

I am a bit embarassed to say I was almost ready to visit a Nissan dealer to check out their new product - However, now I will just hang in there -- although I will have to put a few $$ into my 2003 Chevrolet Express All Wheel Drive van to keep it roadworthy until our friends in Stuttgart and Montvale New Jersey put their long awaited gift under our Christmas Tree!

Thank you to all at MB engineering, marketing, sales and distribution for the excellent news, and special thanks to Mark for keeping our voices heard loud and clear!!

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
Yeah - who wants a 4x4 is not an issue. Who of these wanters are willing to shell out the extra 20-30k - we'll have to see.
Are you guys kidding, on 2500 domestic trucks 3-3.5k more for 4 wheel drive is about right, my 2007 4matic GL320cdi total sticker was about 52k.

Yeah - who wants a 4x4 is not an issue. Who of these wanters are willing to shell out the extra 20-30k - we'll have to see.

At that price I would tell you to not consider it: I certainly would not. That would be absurd

I said 2000-3000/:

I was asked to find out what you all think the price should be

Shout it out and be heard.

Mark

K-9 SPRINTER

Maybe close to that for a retro fit,.................. but, prices in Europe, for 4x4 factory options are(2010prices) ZG1 selectable 4x4 drive system/ 4900 euros

ZG3
selectable 4x4 drive system w/low ratio 5250euros

Last edited:
VAN-tastic news!!

I am a bit embarassed to say I was almost ready to visit a Nissan dealer to check out their new product - However, now I will just hang in there -- although I will have to put a few $$ into my 2003 Chevrolet Express All Wheel Drive van to keep it roadworthy until our friends in Stuttgart and Montvale New Jersey put their long awaited gift under our Christmas Tree!

Thank you to all at MB engineering, marketing, sales and distribution for the excellent news, and special thanks to Mark for keeping our voices heard loud and clear!!

They look nice: I here they are getting 9 miles per gallon . Not sure if it is true or not.
I am glad to see more competition: that will keep MB on their toes.

shanemac

Thanks for your hard work Mark and the great news, i gotta admit its kinda cool knowing MB is interested and listening to everyone's wants/needs.

For me 3 grand extra for 4x4 i could swallow any more than 5 grand would be pushing it. The 4 cylinder engine i hope will get approval too.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Mark I said a long time back .."From little things Big things grow".:clapping:
Now that will put a dent in White Feathers caption of non compliance.
Cheers Richard

aadsprinter

Hello Guys,

Mark Outstanding.... You Rock the House, You Rock the Party... With the 4x4 You will Rock North America!!!
MB is upping the Game, GREAT!! Let those other "car manufacturers" tremble in fear 'cause MB comes to rip and tear up the market!!!
I for my part will start saving up my shekels, I will get the 2nd model year and do it up well.
I was just thinking of upgrades for my 2008, not any more!
Are we going to get the Euro 5 engines, manual transmission and all the other things that make this the most popular/common mid-sized truck in the world.

Today is a GOOD DAY!!! :clapping::clapping::bounce::bounce::bounce::rad::rad::rad:

Regards,

Tosin

AdamK

Mark
Thank you for sharing this news with us. You are truly one of a kind. Hopefully MB will not change their mind because of some political and/or economical reason, but go forward and give NA the line up of vehicles the rest of the world enjoys.
A few notes;
Truly it’s about time for a 4x4 Sprinter in NA, but does it include Canada????
Standard transmission needs to brought into NA, please enough of this computerized automated driving and some mercy by MB has to be given to the standard drivers, please.
I check the MB German site and these are my findings, please correct me if I am wrong
A Viano (Sprinter smaller cousin) 4Matic option goes for about 4k euros
Sprinter 4x4 option goes for about 10k euros,
At current exchange rates I figure the 4x4 option will cost about 15000US and 180000 in Can
But them the prices, sign me up for one.
AdamK

NBB

Maybe close to that for a retro fit,.................. but, prices in Europe, for 4x4 factory options are(2010prices) ZG1 selectable 4x4 drive system/ 4900 euros
I don't recall my source, but I thought I saw 50-70 total for a new one. It could be that it was one with a retrofit.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Mark
Thank you for sharing this news with us. You are truly one of a kind. Hopefully MB will not change their mind because of some political and/or economical reason, but go forward and give NA the line up of vehicles the rest of the world enjoys.
A few notes;
Truly it’s about time for a 4x4 Sprinter in NA, but does it include Canada????
Standard transmission needs to brought into NA, please enough of this computerized automated driving and some mercy by MB has to be given to the standard drivers, please.
I check the MB German site and these are my findings, please correct me if I am wrong
A Viano (Sprinter smaller cousin) 4Matic option goes for about 4k euros
Sprinter 4x4 option goes for about 10k euros,
At current exchange rates I figure the 4x4 option will cost about 15000US and 180000 in Can
But them the prices, sign me up for one.
AdamK
I'm not sure where this 4 matic is coming into play on the U.S side...I hope you have got this wrong.

Sprinter v Vito two different models in weight variants, the Vito has independent rear suspension, and the Sprinters are sold live axle suspension as standard. And that's where it stops.[Unless you option up.]
Z transfer case optioning three of, plus two more combined. long sorry,but yes it's 20 grand extra down under, never changed to date but that price is negotiable .

The Australian sprinters V6 autos two of 318 cdi up until July 2009 and July 2010 its a 190 hp cdi . The transmission is a W5 380 triponic the ratios are different to NAFTA transmission's, not much= but this links specifically to HP and rpm/ five speed is not the 1985 to 1999 4 speed auto
seven speed autos are going to end up on the Sprinters sooner or latter. I have driven the 4x4 on the tracks to date I have not found any other model that has such a quick or smooth transmission as the Benz 4x4. The Sprinter is truly are remarkable, especially with stability on dirt tracks it leaves every Japanese make for dead. Not that there is any real class of vehicles that you can compare the Sprinter with, as this van is more sedan, than a truck... in it's handling characteristics
Richard
PS 4 matic all-wheel drive surely not a true 4x4:thinking:

Last edited:

Top Bottom