What is the badging on your Sprinter?

What is the badging on your Sprinter?

• Total voters

El Guapo

I want to rebadge my MB sprinter with VW badges,,,, I can get the rear badge, the hub cap badges, the steering wheel and shift lever badges but I'm having trouble finding a front badge,,,, The VW crafter Van is a MB sprinter with different front sheet metal, everything else is the same except for the badging,,,, Anyone know how to access the proper front VW badge? Thanks 2014 MB Sprinter, 144" 4cyl

Onefin

I want to rebadge my MB sprinter with VW badges,,,, I can get the rear badge, the hub cap badges, the steering wheel and shift lever badges but I'm having trouble finding a front badge,,,, The VW crafter Van is a MB sprinter with different front sheet metal, everything else is the same except for the badging,,,, Anyone know how to access the proper front VW badge? Thanks 2014 MB Sprinter, 144" 4cyl
Mike D has one

Attachments

My 06 Freightliner recently lost [?] the freightliner hood badge and for the time being I painted the space within the oval black. I recall someone here that someone installed a cool, cats eye type of led light in that spot for a nice unique look. That could serve as an opportunity for some kind of useful lighting situation. I look forward to all sorts of ideas out there from all the creative minds we have here on this forum. Thanks to all here.

westyventures

In the Oregon Outback
Has anyone here been able to re-title a Freightliner Mercedes as a proper Mercedes, which is what it is 99.9%? When I moved from MD to OR, the DMV doofs listed 'Sprinter' as the make, even though the original title said Freightliner. That's causing issues with my insurance company. Ideally I'd prefer to have it titled Mercedes so as to not cause even larger issues south of the border in regards to registration not matching badging.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Some states are flexible as you have experienced, if only in error... As far as I know you are locked in by the vin? Although documentation showing freightliner being part of mercedes might be enough?

westyventures

In the Oregon Outback
If I can convince DMV through a visual inspection Geico might go along with it. I'll try to be armed with documentation too, every little bit helps. Currently the VIN shows up in the ins. co. system as a Dodge - which it never was!

mikesprints

Has anyone here been able to re-title a Freightliner Mercedes as a proper Mercedes, which is what it is 99.9%? When I moved from MD to OR, the DMV doofs listed 'Sprinter' as the make, even though the original title said Freightliner. That's causing issues with my insurance company. Ideally I'd prefer to have it titled Mercedes so as to not cause even larger issues south of the border in regards to registration not matching badging.
"a proper Mercedes"? All you have to do is give them a proper vin. If the state or insurance company can't figure it out that's a bad system on their part.
My '07 Freightliner is a Dodge sprinter in VIN reports, my registration and insurance cards as I recall. In Colorado, Progressive, and the bank.
Curiously the back door has the Merc. star. Don't think it was ever tinkered with.

Cole

OUTLAW SPRINTER!!!
"a proper Mercedes"? All you have to do is give them a proper vin. If the state or insurance company can't figure it out that's a bad system on their part.
My '07 Freightliner is a Dodge sprinter in VIN reports, my registration and insurance cards as I recall. In Colorado, Progressive, and the bank.
Curiously the back door has the Merc. star. Don't think it was ever tinkered with.
I think you are misunderstanding the issue.

Like many vans his has been "fixed":lol: by fitting the proper grill back on it (Mercedes)

But.....when you start crossing boarders other than Mexico/Canada they will want to see the title for the vehicle. They might perceive the title as a fake/fraudulent/etc because it says "Freightliner" or "Dodge", even if the VIN matches the van. Other countries and especially the guys at the boarder only know the Sprinter as a Mercedes and the title might throw red flags to them.

mikesprints

Yup it got annoying 'spraining it to all the agencies when doing paper work. Really deep down this is a Mercedes issue or whichever it was branded.

sailquik

Karl,
Do you have the OEM Data Card for your 2003 Sprinter 416 Series (3500 USA) 4x4?
Send an email or PM to "sailquik" and I'll pull the data card
and send it to you at whatever email address you provide.
I would be very interested in seeing how a '03 416 Series was imported to the USA and
by whom.
Did you import a 2003 4x4 somehow or was it brought in by Westfalia or some other
RV Upfitter?
Roger

Cole

OUTLAW SPRINTER!!!
Karl,
Do you have the OEM Data Card for your 2003 Sprinter 416 Series (3500 USA) 4x4?
Send an email or PM to "sailquik" and I'll pull the data card
and send it to you at whatever email address you provide.
I would be very interested in seeing how a '03 416 Series was imported to the USA and
by whom.
Did you import a 2003 4x4 somehow or was it brought in by Westfalia or some other
RV Upfitter?
Roger
USA "3500"=416 +imported manual transmission and 4x4 parts

Top Bottom