COMAND navigation - old technology? Discuss

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I see the price for COMAND on the new sprinter is just under £2,000 in the UK.

I've seen it in action and think it a good system, but £2,000 for a non flash, DVD based unit seems overpriced and out of date, especially when you look at what the premium branded competition offer for that sort of money.

Is it thought likely then, that the multifunction steering wheel will communicate with an aftermarket navigation system, such as Pioneer or Alpine? Perhaps an interface may be needed?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
This will make you laugh
That overpriced non functional navigation system is as basic as you get a tom tom has more features unless you want the radio combined, it doesn't even have a rear video DVD hook up, the only good thing I like about it is mounted in the dash.
Guess what Mercedes-Benz are asking for this in Australia?
Retro fitted AU 9.500 and our dollar is worth 83 cents to the US dollar apparently the street directory has to be reprogrammed and for urban streets in Australasia and that cost a the extra three grand, consequently none have been sold But VW Crafters are are available at 4500 for the same system , it must be the price you pay for the Benz star:smilewink:
Sony has a system that will fit and it has the lot including satellite radio full surround system and twin ports for rear DVD cost US 4500.
The new radios in the Mercedes if you upgrade to the more fancy units and the CD stacker's happen to be 2002 Sony explode units the only difference with the stacker is its silver with a Mercedes-Benz symbol
Richard

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
The new radios in the Mercedes if you upgrade to the more fancy units and the CD stacker's happen to be 2002 Sony explode units the only difference with the stacker is its silver with a Mercedes-Benz symbol
Richard
How did they get the nickname "Sony explode units?"

Top Bottom