Newbie Order Help - Wheelchair access

h2othomas

Hi All,

I've been trolling this forum for a little while and the time has come to join the ranks. I'm ordering a van soon and need some help.

I'm in a wheelchair and need mobility aids. I'll be adding a lift and two transfer seats. Has anyone here done this? What factory options do I need to make sure to get?

Right now, I'm planning on ordering a 4x4 144 cargo with a high roof. 4x4 is key since I live in the mountains of Southern Oregon and will open up a lot of places to go.

My goal is to have an accessible van that can haul people, but can also do simple overnight camping meaning provide a place to crash.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Matt

lindenengineering

Matt
Greeting and welcome to the forum & I bet Vic will give you the "big bang" welcome in due course. :thumbup:

For info we have been having a chat with Ron who is wheel chair bound about this same project.
Seems he's been getting the run around by some van converter companies in his area.
I use to do this type of work along time ago for a local authority in the UK, I cannot understand what is the reticence quite frankly.

Anyway browse over the thread dialogue and open up a further discussion if you feel you have unanswered questions. For me this is important we have a huge amount of disabled war veterans now being de-mobbed, and some will want to be "doing" just like you and Ron. Maybe even with Sprinter vans even 4x4 versions.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35720

Now over to Vic!:thumbup:
Best regards
Dennis

Onefin

Matt,
Email the sprinter guy in Texas.
They have had several lift vans on their site in the past, and it sounds like he has the knowledge when it comes to ordering in preparation for the wheelchair aspect of the van?
Good luck, your van sounds like it will be awesome with the 4x4 and the large volume inside compared to the domestic vans.
If you order get the heated seats. I miss heated seats.
The factory rear window defrosters are nice as well.

mbgtown

the "Sprinter Guy"
Thank you for sending Matt to the Sprinter Guy. We are communicating back and forth right now about some ideas for him.

This has been a big year for the Sprinter Guy building mobility equipped vans for our customers. We have 4 in the process right now and I'm sure many more to come in 2015.

Dave, the Sprinter Guy.

Matt,
Email the sprinter guy in Texas.
They have had several lift vans on their site in the past, and it sounds like he has the knowledge when it comes to ordering in preparation for the wheelchair aspect of the van?
Good luck, your van sounds like it will be awesome with the 4x4 and the large volume inside compared to the domestic vans.
If you order get the heated seats. I miss heated seats.
The factory rear window defrosters are nice as well.

Top Bottom