Simple Conversions to Passenger Sprinter

DodgeDealer

I need some advice. I have a 2007 10 Passenger Sprinter for our family. I've been looking to do some simple conversions to it, but with little success. What I would like to do is upgrade the Stereo system to a touch screen Nav/DVD system, Put in a rear entertainment system with a 15" or bigger widescreen, and possibly convert the seats. The seats are fine. If I could just find a way to convert them to recline, that would be the ticket for our family. Any suggestions? Any conversion companies in the Midwest that could do something like these items. Thanks for any input. Scott

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Welcome to the forum Scott there are many links that have installation for DVD Nav etc, step by step. I'm sure the members will guide you to them, or run up info on the thread.
Reclining seats that match the existing passenger tracks and profile of existing rails, I'm not sure if available in the Sates to suite unless you convert a captains chair?
The logical way would be to import VW transporter seats or Mercedes Vito seats that have the two way lay back and revisable seats {back to front. they flip}.
If I have time I'll find the photos for you. However I'm sure the local boys will help.
Thanks Richard.

DodgeDealer

Thanks Richard. I haven't seen the imported seats you're talking about, but I would be intersted in seeing some pictures when you get the time. I went a little further into the forum last night and found some of the links, but nothing on conversion seats. Thanks for your reply and help. Scott

DodgeDealer

Thanks Bill. Very Interesting. Probably not what I'm looking for, but it is an option. I would prefer to find a way to convert the existing seats to recline. Still searching to find out if that is possible. I appreciate the help. Scott

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Scott
I have the photos on my work pc and keep forgetting to bring them home sorry.
VW and Vito are the same dimensional seats.
The latest vito 07 flips to a reverse opposite side by a latch system similar to this photo. They also recline, there are the camper from VW and a Vito version which lays flat into a bed.
Well it gives you an idea anyway
Richard

03.jpg

04.jpg

vito_ic.jpg

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
...and possibly convert the seats. The seats are fine. If I could just find a way to convert them to recline, that would be the ticket for our family....
I wanted reclining seats and the ability to slide them forward or back.

I looked at the seat construction and it seemed easy to do initially but once you get the plastic and foam off you'll see that it would be difficult to make the existing seats recline.

To me the VW T5 Multivan has the best seat/track system and it fits in the Sprinter.

You can find lots of VW multivan seats on eBay in Germany.

Heres a past writeup on the subject: link

Cheers
George

teaser pix:

Top Bottom