Foxwell NT622 code scanner tool review

Colorado_Al

Am I missing something ????? The Autel 802 seems to do the same things for about the same money ( maybe even a better interface) and while it might come from China there appears to be a U.S. distributor ??????? And they do not charge $62 for shipping.......
There is a US distributor for Foxwell also and US based tech support.
I don't think you're missing anything though. There just seemed to be a lot of interest in the Foxwell scanner and I decided to try it and report back. I don't have an Autel 802 to test it against but I'd be happy to if someone has one they can lend me.

obie

'04 long & tall passenger
Thanks for the report! Since it wasn't total junk, it makes me wonder why even more now that the previously promised review never happened. At least some people are keeping their word these days. Now to just find the right Sprinter.

manxman

I would like to know if this unit can read "shift lever stuck in neutral " codes. The cost of towing to a dealer and the scan would almost be the price of the scanner. There are so many nit picking things that go wrong with this machine I don't know how much longer I will keep it. 2006 2500, 144 50K milage, bought this unit as new.......manxman80@hotmail.com

Last edited:

Colorado_Al

Not sure, but worth the cost to find out.
Yesterday I was driving and was suddenly in low boost/limp mode. Pulled off at the next exit and plugged the Foxwell in and quickly found an EGR code. I popped the hood and made sure my EGR cable was properly seated (clip broke off a few years ago). Cleared the code and was on the way again in 5 minutes. With my computer based scanner, I would have still been booting up the laptop by the time I was back on the road with the handheld scanner.

manxman

Foxwell NT622 scanner

Has the Foxwell 622 scanner worked out for those that have them? I can almost buy one for what the tow and scan would cost . Stuck in park and when I did get it out it was in LH mode ( 2nd gear) Wonder if the 622 scanner would reveal the component that went bad. Thanks

jessemilton

mobile man
Re: Foxwell NT622 scanner

I've posted all over the forum before, but here goes again, Autel 802 works great Engine and Trans reset, and real scan, live datas so-so but best $300 spent.

jessemilton

mobile man
Re: Foxwell NT622 scanner

Look on Amazon $295 right now, Good return policy if its not for you but Im sure you'll be happy with it. And yes it will reset your TCM but thats only half the problem.
Good Luck,

Wildmonkey

99.4% DNA still wild..
Does anyone know if the Foxwell NT622 works on european T1Ns with the round multipin connectors?
Thanks,

Wildmonkey

99.4% DNA still wild..
Here is the reply from Foxwell support:
NT622 is able to work with Sprinter 2003, but you have to purchase an adapter from us. Can you let me know where you are from? You may try to contact your local dealer to buy the adapter.

photogravity

Former Sprinter Wannabe
Am I missing something ????? The Autel 802 seems to do the same things for about the same money ( maybe even a better interface) and while it might come from China there appears to be a U.S. distributor ??????? And they do not charge $62 for shipping.......
I agree. If you look at the screens for the Foxwell, they look identical to those of the Autel MD802. I'm guessing it may be a rebranded Autel. Also, Autel has pretty good US support. I may have some bias toward the Autel since I already own one, but it's been solid for me.

Colorado_Al

I agree. If you look at the screens for the Foxwell, they look identical to those of the Autel MD802. I'm guessing it may be a rebranded Autel. Also, Autel has pretty good US support. I may have some bias toward the Autel since I already own one, but it's been solid for me.
What is the cost on the Autel MD802 all systems model?
The Foxwell NT622 can be found for about $250 and they do have support in the USA.

Wildmonkey

99.4% DNA still wild..
Code:
Here is the reply from Foxwell support:
NT622 is able to work with Sprinter 2003, but you have to purchase an adapter from us. Can you let me know where you are from? You may try to contact your local dealer to buy the adapter.
This is the last reply I had from Foxwell support:
Hi Matty,
Sorry to inform that we do not provide Sprinter connector at this moment. Sorry for the mistake I made before.
Thanks
Ben

showkey

The cheaper ones I saw had high shipping.
If you watch long enough you will see Shipping will vary from free to $50.00 as well.
Again totally depends on the vendor. Same applies to Amazon, ebay and any other internet sites and it's just not on testers. Some ebay vendors are famaous for playing games with shipping to void the ebay fees.

Buyer beware and watch the fine print for things like refurbished ..............

Last edited:

Top Bottom