Sliding windows 2005 Sprinter

JeffSchultz

I am looking for sliding windows.. commonly known as "half-sliders" where the entire half of the window slides open. This is for a 2005 158" wheelbase, passenger high roof. ideally in Clear windows. I've heard from some that these windows were available from the factory...but some contend not. Any help would be appreciated.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
They are (were) certainly available from the factory... my 2005 passenger van arrived in the US with them installed
(option codes GEC and GEW on the original invoice: Front Left side sliding window and Front right side sliding window, $292 each)
On my datacard, they show up as "W18 LEFT FRONT SLIDING WIND. IN SIDE WALL/SLIDING DOOR" and "W19 RIGHT FR. SLIDING WIND. IN SIDE WALL/SLIDING DOOR"

In the parts catalog for that year, there's a page or two dedicated to all of the fiddly parts involved.
There's a slight difference between the wall and door window sizes, hence different parts
The door window is about 39.5 inches wide (edge of frame to edge of frame), the wall window is 41.75 inches wide.
(also, they both slide forward, so there's a left/right difference due to that, too)

Here's the complete based-on-VIN parts page for my Sprinter's right-side (W19) window: View attachment Sliding Door Sliding glass.pdf
(i note that the surrounding weatherstrip is the same for both W18 and W19 options)

I recall that there was a part number for the entire "kit" for either side's window assembly.
Added: according to the Dodge 2005 parts catalog file, the kit for a left sliding door's "vented" window is 5123 832AA
the kit for a right-side sliding door's vented window is 5123 834AA

(parts catalog files available at: http://aie-services-2.net/Sprinter/ )

--dick (if i can find the part number page, i'll add it to this posting) ...done

Last edited:

FFR5445

I did a bunch of research on this last year before getting my van painted. I worked with dodge, merc and freightliner dealers. Nobody could figure out for certain the part number I needed. I wanted the one for the wall but they didn't know if I would end up getting the one for the wall or the slider because the parts book is poorly written. They also weren't sure if I would be getting the entire frame with slider or just a replacement slider glass. There was only one available in the US at the time. Costs were between $600-800 depending on the dealer. They all needed me to pay up front and glass is not returnable even if I only ended up with half the window. I could not justify the cost and risk so I never got it. Here is the thread with some part numbers.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5611

RileyC

2002 140 shc, 2005 158 sh
I bought a couple windows off of ebay that I installed in my 2005 t1n. They weren't sized exactly for the stampouts in the sprinter made for factory windows, so I bought some that were small enough to not overlap any of the stamped indentations. I'm pleased with them so far. Search "rv window" and windows of various sizes and prices will show up from several sellers. I paid $85 for each window and about $35 shipping on each.

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
I bought a couple windows off of ebay that I installed in my 2005 t1n. They weren't sized exactly for the stampouts in the sprinter made for factory windows, so I bought some that were small enough to not overlap any of the stamped indentations. I'm pleased with them so far. Search "rv window" and windows of various sizes and prices will show up from several sellers. I paid $85 for each window and about $35 shipping on each.
More details, please. What size windows did you buy? Do you have any photos?

surlyoldbill

I think Riley was installing in a cargo van without factory glass, not replacing factory glass.

I've seen a T1N with factory sliders here in the Bay Area, so I know they exist. And if that's the case, Berry Dodge should be able to get them. That's where I ordered my factory sunroof (at the time I didn't know the SHC was not made to have a sunroof; the HC has a stamping. I sold the sunroof a few years later when I finally got around to trying to install it and found this out).

I would also be interested in a factory slider, so if anyone sources them, please share the info. No, I don't want a Motion window...

RileyC

2002 140 shc, 2005 158 sh
Yeah, the windows I installed were definitely not factory glass, and yes it was in a cargo van. I had a blank slate to work with and chose the cheapest option I could find to provide both light and ventilation into my camper build. Sorry, I missed that it was for a passenger van.

Top Bottom