4x4s will be sold for TOP dollar, more than MSRP!!!

K-9 SPRINTER

Dealerships will be marking UP the price to ABOVE MSRP prices
There will be no discounts, it will be like ticket scalping.

http://sprinterguy.wordpress.com/2014/10/08/order-info-about-sprinter-4x4-vans/

The first orders that we will be able to submit to the factory will be sometime around the middle of November.

Subject to change of course. I have been informed that only orders for SOLD units will be accepted. We will have to provide documentation of the order with a deposit for one to be accepted.

The Sprinter folks have not formulated the allocation process as of yesterday. They are having meetings about it next week. So as of right now I don’t know if I will be able to get everyone’s order accepted, and not sure when the orders will be filled. They have not determined how many 4×4 Sprinter vans will be available for US dealers to sell for this year. I know this, there will be less built than the current demand that I see.

We do not have a price yet for the 4×4 options, and that may not be disclosed until the first vans are built and heading to the port of Charleston.

We will be selling the Sprinter 4×4 at MSRP, but we will not mark them up over MSRP like I have heard some dealers plan to do.

I will take every customers name that reply’s with the form below, and submits it to me by November 1st, that is ready to place an order, at MSRP with a $2000 deposit and put them in a hopper. I will draw a name for each order slot that is made available to our dealership. I will let each of you know what number your order will be in the list by November 5th so you have an opportunity to do something different. If you do not wish to wait I will not take your deposit. Deposits will not be refunded after the order has been submitted to the factory.

When I have the list complete, I will contact you to get the specifics of your order and get your deposit. You can be getting prepared by going to the factory website, http://www.mbsprinterusa.com and click the build and equip link to go through the options for the 2 wheel drive model, using the V6 engine choice, to decide what options you will want. Once your order is submitted to Sprinter I will let you know what the estimated production schedule is.

I wish I could tell everyone that we can get you a Sprinter 4×4during 2015, but that may not happen. I only hope that Mercedes-Benz Sprinter sees the excitement of this product and gear up for a bigger production in 2016.

Complete the form below. Some fields have drop down menu

Last edited:

CheckMax

I don't understand the non refundable deposit requirement. If demand is so great, filling the space shouldn't be a problem. Furthermore, if demand is so great and a dealer ends up with a 4x4 on their lot because of a canceled order, I could see a premium as much as I abhor that practice being asked/paid because the van is available. Lastly people's circumstances change and making a deposit nonrefundable on a high demand item is predatory. My opinion. Btw I have spoken to at least one dealer who is taking refundable deposits.

johnshmit

What happened to this world?
Now customers have to hunt down salesman and force him to take their money.

I'll skip. Don't want it any more.

T-Montana

This is why I love Elon Musk and Tesla Motors and the new model they are bringing to the world. No dealers, no salesman, no threats, intimidation and no milking your wallet after the sale with exorbitant maintenance costs and hidden, proprietary engine/ trouble code diagnostics scam with predatory repair rates. Tesla prices all up front and same to all plus very little maintenance. Just have to wait a few years and electric vans will appear on the market as well.

Pumpkinass

Electric MB Sprinter....Electric MB Sprinter....Electric MB Sprinter....Electric MB Sprinter....Electric MB Sprinter....

My new mantra..
Bill
NYC~

lindenengineering

Guys
Like anything in this world if its overpriced no-one will buy the bloody thing!

Of course you are always going to get a few that will want something to show off in and claim they need 4wd. "Cos in this business there is always a butt to fill a seat"!

Once the initial offering and raucous has died down it will be just another van on the lot. Like the same oh same oh supply and demand and deep discounts if there are too many on the lot by this time next year. You can always tell as the "lot lizards" as I call then come around trying to flog off last years models.

A bit off topic but I have a great interest in the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid.
New ones (2015's) are running between $41 and $45k.
2014's are being discounted by $5k.
But sorry I can't make the numbers work simply because I can get my "Sprinter coated greasy hands" upon a 2013 lease return for about $26k with 5 to 8000 miles on the clock.
Now the folks who just had to have one new on the lot paid about $6500/85000 according to your FICO score in lease payments plus a big deposit to put his and wifey's butts in the seat. That adds up to 110% of MSRP at least

No wonder Elon Musk/Tesla are having a hard time with cracking the dealer/manufacturer cartels. This business will fight hard to maintain its position but electric cars will crack it and it will be the Chinese that will do it!
Nevertheless that stated I like Melissio the Lincoln dealer car sales guy, but the whole thing wreaks of SLEEZE!
That's my take on it after 50 years in the industry--and to quote Walter Cronkite the finest newsman ever in the business & the voice of America --AND that's the way it is! :laughing:
Dennis

showkey

Saturn tried the one price system ...........works great when times are good and everyone wants the product. Things get a little rough and the system fails. ( yes they did have other problems, but one price certainly did not help).
Even with the one price system.......they still play games with the trade, no trade then you pay a higher price. The trade issue often comes up at CARMAX and their one price system.

Same thing happened with other hot vehicles like the C7 Corvette ........NOW over sticker is gone, the lines are gone, inventory at the dealers for all accept ultra high performance model.

If your willing to stand in line expect to pay a higher price............

Last edited:

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Funny that cars are an impulse buy. Local dealer for a new 97 dodge had a $6500 Dealer prep added to the window sticker. Ended up paying under window sticker at another dealer. But this dealer didn't go out of business. Every day someone walks in and wants a car right now.

Oilburner

2004 2500 140"cargo l/r x 2
If I have to pay 55K for working van with 2 chairs, nothing else inside, then I drive my old one until roof will be completely gone due to MB famous rust.

CheckMax

The only problem with waiting for end of year leftovers is just that. Your selection is limited to the most likely very basic equipped van on the back lot. I would speculate there's pent-up demand for the 4x4. I've been waiting two years. Once that subsides pricing for the 4x4 will be like the rest of the line - dealer-specific discounting. It seems to me that the dealers are now trying to set the line that 4x4s will not be discounted. The reality is will every dealer turn down an order that isn't MSRP? I doubt it.

HowardB

Dont kill the messenger (me) but did I hear that its really not the most sought after 4x4 system being that its a 4 matic? I dont know... im just repeating. I think the guy said that the 4 matic system is / works differently then say a Jeep 4x4 or your typical pickup truck 4x4? Something about lockers or something? Someone set me straight please.

Top Bottom