What did you do to your Sprinter today.

Onefin

Removed all the exterior chromed plastic badging (bluetec, 2500, sprinter) taking advantage of a 80 degree day, a plastic scraper, and some goo-gone.
I am not sure if goo gone is the best idea.
Look like it left spots?

flman

Removed all the exterior chromed plastic badging (bluetec, 2500, sprinter) taking advantage of a 80 degree day, a plastic scraper, and some goo-gone.
I am not sure if goo gone is the best idea.
Look like it left spots?
I would think that stuff would take the water paint off of your Sprinter?

Jjsporty

We sat (out in the driveway) on the couch sipping our adult beverages while discussing our next camping adventure in "Sparky." (Brilliant silver 2500 with solar panels on top)

Bigscore

BigScore,
Is your new to you 2010 an RV?
Interesting front end treatments on your Sprinter.
Roger
Thanks, it is a Wheelchair mobility set up, with a parking area for the wheelchair in the center and two captains chairs and a bench that powers down to a bed in the rear. I think the front end was set up by a company out of Atlanta, GA that does body kits for other MB vehicles.

pfflyer

Changed my fuel filter thanks to all the excellent write ups here. Saved $127 labor doing it my self in less than an hour total time includes gathering and putting tools up. Well I actually spent hours reading all the write ups and about 30 minutes researching the correct way to use the Astro 9604f pliers bought on Amazon so that I can re-use the clic style clamps.
Thanks to all who contributed!

gtobey

Mounted the Sirius-XM magnetic antenna to the rear of the roof, just above the left rear door on the horizontal part of the rear section. Pulled the weatherstrip down just a bit from the metal it fit over, ran the wire under the rear door weather strip, and inside the van behind the headliner all the way up to the front driver's door weatherstrip. I slipped the wire under the lip of the weatherstrip and ran it down the "A" pillar beside the windshield and over the dash behind the speedometer to the satellite radio receiver mounted on the air conditioner vent to the right of the steering wheel. There was just enough wire to get it to fit. Amazing!

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
New tyres all round, $600. I've only done about 70 kms on them so far but they seem OK. Road noise has changed sound but not any louder that it was.
They couldn't do a wheel alignment as the van is too long for their machine so I'm going to another branch next week to have that done. Some slight scrubbing was evident on the front left tyre when removed.

I'm going to have to paint the rims now as they look decidedly shabby

NetDoc

Well. I killed it! :(

Put in a new water pump, radiator, AC Compressor, AC Condenser and AC Drier. She started up beautifully, AC was blowing cool, started to put in another can of Freon and accidentally arced off the positive battery terminal and the engine shut down. Nothing comes up on the dash now. Pulled the key out, put it back in and I don't even get the starter to kick over. Checked all the main fuses coming off of the positive terminal. Pulled the fuse block off the positive battery terminal and put it back. Checked fuses under the wheel and the seat and they aren't getting 12V. Something BIG popped... some fusible link somewhere. Anyone have an ideawhere it might be???

Rensho

Put in a new water pump, radiator, AC Compressor, AC Condenser and AC Drier. She started up beautifully, AC was blowing cool, started to put in another can of Freon and accidentally arced off the positive battery terminal and the engine shut down. Nothing comes up on the dash now. Pulled the key out, put it back in and I don't even get the starter to kick over. Checked all the main fuses coming off of the positive terminal. Pulled the fuse block off the positive battery terminal and put it back. Checked fuses under the wheel and the seat and they aren't getting 12V. Something BIG popped... some fusible link somewhere. Anyone have an ideawhere it might be???
Maybe you popped the fuselink on that Y cable coming off the alternator people always complain about. Go look under and you'll see the 1-2 gauge cable, long.
Good luck, hope it is easy.

There is no Wye cable or fusible link in the T1N that I've found.

Loosen and clean both battery terminals, remove the chassis ground clean and re-tighten it.
Worth doing just in case.

Maybe unlikely that you have a bad fuse off the battery post with both fuse blocks out, but worth double check I suppose. Visual inspection isn't always enough. Another possibility is a corroded connection on that block. A couple of my connections showed corrosion around the soldered lugs. I believe it is from the solder flux used.

Fuse positions.

011MIDIfusesOffBattery.jpg

If it is a fuse some work-arounds for the sometimes hard to find fuses are here.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?p=101112#post101112

vic

Last edited:

Top Bottom