Sprinter Van Door Stop, giving away 6 free ones to test adhesive

thlevy48

A great and simple product. I bought the one that uses epoxy and have had no problems. Kit has everything needed for installation.

NBB

+1 - seems to work fine, I'd say just order one if you want it. Possibly the best value:time:cost ratio for anything ever made for a Sprinter.

The epoxy took about 1 minute to mix and apply, I'm not sure how much time you could shave off that with a piece of tape. Seller even included a popsicle stick and a piece of cardboard.

The only thing I may tweak later is to file the thing just a bit thinner and/or take off the sharper edges on either side of the radius. This will depend on getting some more experience with how much of a latching force I really need. I have only tested in flat parking spots so far. Seems this would hold the door on a pretty good grade, which is also important. Popping the door out of the catch is still pretty easy - but could be easier - maybe - all could be perfect as-is. Maybe 3 minutes with a file, worst case.

FloJoSprinter

I'm new but saw your post & think you have a great idea! Would love to try it on my newly purchased 2008 PW Ascent. I'm sure you have picked your 6 lucky testers? If not I'm in.:clapping:

jbluetooth

That you all for your overwhelming support and feedback! I definitely have at least 6 volunteers here, and I sent out the first 3 kits this morning and 1 more goes out tomorrow. The last 2-4 will be determined by whether or not the kit works on the Pre-2003 and the 2003-2006 models, both of which will be tested by LuckyDawgz Jim and hayduke as soon as the kits arrive. I will share here if they don't beat me too it :) I'll leave the price at $29 until we know for sure what year Sprinters are compatible and you all have a chance to order one if you aren't in the first 6.
thanks again,
Jesse

pfflyer

Installed my free prototype door stop. Thank you Norton Fab and jbluetooth. The VBH door stop was easy to install and everything you need was included in the kit. The directions were for the epoxy version and it didn't say how long the VBH tape needs to set so I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Thought I would let it set overnight and update you here tomorrow unless I hear other wise.
Thanks again.

Attachments

jbluetooth

Installed my free prototype door stop. Thank you Norton Fab and jbluetooth. The VBH door stop was easy to install and everything you need was included in the kit. The directions were for the epoxy version and it didn't say how long the VBH tape needs to set so I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Thought I would let it set overnight and update you here tomorrow unless I hear other wise.
Thanks again.
I think the VBH tape would be ok to test right away, but I'm sure it won't hurt to wait over night.

Jesse

Holmeslice

2020 VS30 144" High Crew
This is the coolest thing I've seen all month!

We use our NC3V 140" crew as a makeshift dressing room to change into our leathers when we're racing motorcycles. Would love to be able to open the side door to keep air moving but also have it partway closed for better privacy in the rear. I'd love to try it.

-Kenny C.
NYC

roadthunder

I'll have to try the VHB tape. The epoxy version I got with the door stop didn't hold. I was able to clean off what was left after door stop fell off with my finger nail.

draaronr

Since you were way over 6 and I hadn't ever heard of this product I went ahead and purchased it. Hoping it ships fast

jbluetooth

I'll have to try the VHB tape. The epoxy version I got with the door stop didn't hold. I was able to clean off what was left after door stop fell off with my finger nail.
Roadthunder, did I replace your stop yet? I changed epoxy at the start of this year because the other one has failed a few times. Send me your address and I'll replace yours at no charge.

Jesse
jbluetooth@gmail.com

pfflyer

Like the way it works. If the test tape holds, well worth the $29 or $39 price. The tape method looks a lot easier than the epoxy method.

bstory

I am another TIN owner - 2006 - who would love to see a report on this thread on whether this works on the older vans.

Thanks!

jbluetooth

So it has been confirmed that the kit works just fine for the 2004-2006, and 2006-2015. We're just waiting for LuckyDawgzJim to receive his kit and confirm whether there is any issue with the pre-2003 model.

However, that was enough information to determine the 6 winners, so I sent out the last 3 kits today. Thank you all so much for your support. I'll leave the $29 price up until we hear from Jim so any of you with the pre-2003 model can pick up a kit at the lower price if you want.

Thanks again
Jesse

Good NEWS, I just got a call from home that the package was delivered today... likely had been misdelivered and sitting in someone else's mailbox for the past few days.

I will install the kit when I get home today and report back.

jim

Rock

So it has been confirmed that the kit works just fine for the 2004-2006, and 2006-2015. We're just waiting for LuckyDawgzJim to receive his kit and confirm whether there is any issue with the pre-2003 model.

However, that was enough information to determine the 6 winners, so I sent out the last 3 kits today. Thank you all so much for your support. I'll leave the $29 price up until we hear from Jim so any of you with the pre-2003 model can pick up a kit at the lower price if you want.

Thanks again
Jesse
Great Idea. My order is in.
We're going to use this stop to hold the door in position when the "Magna Screen" is mounted.
Thanks Jesse.

Top Bottom