Power loss question, don't think resonator

One of my vans is cutting power after it sits at idle for a few seconds. It doesn't do it during a load, but it runs fine through traffic and when you come to a stoplight and sit for 30sec or so and get back on the gas, it is gutless.. I also hear a different tone in the exhaust when this happens. Like some kind of bypass for the turbo opens.. We open the hood and brake boost the van and try to listen to any boost leaks, we can not detect any leaks in the resonator or any hoses we can actually see. It is driving me and my employees crazy. Any help would be great!

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Who is Dr. A and how can I contact him?

Thanks!
Doktor A is Andy Bittenbinder, a resident of the great state of Pennsylvania, an excellent engineer and diagnostician, who often takes time away from his life, hobbies and paying work to help out Sprinter owners that grope around for answers in the darkness.

His contact information is here: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=52064&postcount=1

He encourages people to call and he encourages owners in general.

-Jon

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
Doktor A is Andy Bittenbinder, a resident of the great state of Pennsylvania, an excellent engineer and diagnostician, who often takes time away from his life, hobbies and paying work to help out Sprinter owners that grope around for answers in the darkness.

His contact information is here: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=52064&postcount=1

He encourages people to call and he encourages owners in general.

-Jon
Thank you Jon. Helping Sprinter owners via my Doktor A Sprinter Hotline has added to the vast and growing technical database here at the Global Sprinter Research Center, a name I initially picked somewhat in jest.

Some questions lead to further research that expands my knowledge as well as that of the caller. Many become friends and loyal clients. It really is a two way street.

BTW, Jay did call and we had an interesting discussion regarding his small fleet of Sprinters. Doktor A

Thank You Andy!!

Very nice chatting with you today, :bow: you are on my speed dial! It was the Egr. Full of all kinds of wonderful gunk, still have the grime under my fingernails to prove it. The van is running like a Banshee again, I will be changing the transmission fluid and cleaning the valve body in my 02 this weekend, fingers crossed that this will resolve my shuddering issues when it is in 4th. Thanks for your help!:cheers:

Top Bottom