Viair Portable 12v Air Compressor Opinions

LetsGo

Would appreciate opinions on portable 12v Air Compressors. I am looking at Viair, but their product line has several closely related products. Was thinking about the 400p for the longer duty cycle, but significant amp draw and overall cost.

Carolann

I've had the 300P for a few years now, and it works fine keeping the tires on my Sprinter at proper psi. It can get hot after a while, so probably not the best tool if you have a fleet of vehicles to maintain.

glas1700

I've been using a Viair 88P, it's a great compressor and has excellent feedback on Amazon. I bought it to air up the tires on my Tracker after driving in sandy soil, but it should work fine for Sprinter tires.

If you need one for everyday use, then the 400P may be best choice, but for occasional use, I don't think the 88P can be beat.

ultrasoundman

I use the viaair 440c for my air horns and tools this has 100% duty cycle. This compressor is so much quieter and less vibrations then the cheaper knock off models.

Rensho

Harbor Freight sells one like that 300-400 or it is a knock off for $25, but it works great. I have 2 of them.

ehallspqr

Here is what I carry around in our Sprinter. QuickAir with QD hose and fill valve. I mounted it in a metal QuickAir box with a switch and electrical hookup. Everything is in one place for grab and go. This pump is at least 7-8 years old. Still going strong and I have used it allot airing up Jeep tires 4 wheeling. This model is no longer sold but the newer ones look like good quality. You might also check the Jeep and 4x4 forums. Those guys really discuss portable pumps and onboard air allot.

Flow Rates:
2.18 cfm @ 0 psi @ 22 amps
1.76 cfm @ 20 psi @ 22 amps
1.45 cfm @ 40 psi @ 24 amps
1.20 cfm @ 60 psi @ 25 amps
0.99 cfm @ 80 psi @ 26 amps
0.85 cfm @ 100 psi @ 26 amps
0.77 cfm @ 105 psi @ 28 amps

Duty cycle rating:
40 min. @ 40 psi
15 min. @ 80 psi
5 min. @ 105 psi

Uncle Dave

2013 3500
Have 450P for 2 years now.

I use it for nearly everything. RV tires. Autos.

Viair makes a nice 12V system.

UD

Top Bottom