26 Days

bikergar

1 January 2010, 26 days from now, I am going to order me a brand new Mercedes Sprinter:rad:. I am getting rid of that pesky Dodge EGR valve :thumbdown:and that sub par Dodge paint job:thumbdown:. No more worries about our sub-standard fuel that Dodge didn't take into account:thumbdown:. Yup, 1 January 2010, 26 days from now I'm going down and order me that brand new Mercedes Sprinter:thumbup:.....If only I knew where to go...26 days:cry:.

Mercedes, they must be a great company to be able to keep this smooth transition under wraps:hmmm:. I guess they don't want to embarrass Dodge:thinking:.

It's going to be great...Yup, my legs are all tingly...:wtf: :crazy: :smirk:

gary

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Funny:lol: As of November there will be 100 accepted franchise Mercedes dealers hiding under your Christmas tree, just waiting for you,and all 45 Freightliner dealers who will magically appear in the Chinese new year.
They have modified the EGR I honestly don't know if you'll get the newer system
hope your Christmas wish comes to fruition.
Richard

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
1 January 2010, 26 days from now, I am going to order me a brand new Mercedes Sprinter:rad:. I am getting rid of that pesky Dodge EGR valve :thumbdown:and that sub par Dodge paint job:thumbdown:. No more worries about our sub-standard fuel that Dodge didn't take into account:thumbdown:. Yup, 1 January 2010, 26 days from now I'm going down and order me that brand new Mercedes Sprinter:thumbup:.....If only I knew where to go...26 days:cry:.

Mercedes, they must be a great company to be able to keep this smooth transition under wraps:hmmm:. I guess they don't want to embarrass Dodge:thinking:.

gary
I want what you're smoking for this holiday season!!

:shhh:I am supposed to have a Frieghtliner and a Mercedes dealer list to post early next week. Barring any technical or other difficulties , I should be able to post it.

Mark

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
They have modified the EGR I honestly don't know if you'll get the newer system
hope your Christmas wish comes to fruition.
Richard
At least for OM642.993 (most of our NAFTA diesel NCV3 engines), the EGR valve part number is (still): A 642 140 17 60

There is no "replaced by" indicated in EPC, "World Passenger Car and Light Transportation" version or otherwise.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
At least for OM642.993 (most of our NAFTA diesel NCV3 engines), the EGR valve part number is (still): A 642 140 17 60

There is no "replaced by" indicated in EPC, "World Passenger Car and Light Transportation" version or otherwise.

-Jon
Jon the EGR system was not a referal to the valve, but rather the entire Eahaust reticulation system based on Euro 5 models Thus the addition of ad-Blue urea is negated.on the Sprinter.
I don't know which engine your getting old or new316 319 or it's configuration for BHP top end is 190HP :idunno:
Sorry if I confused you.
Richard

NYC SPRINTERS

gary
27 days my friend:bash: i don't think they are going to be open jan1

RickL

The Sportsmobile site says that "2010 Sprinter prices will be available in late January." That's about the strongest hint I can find as to when the new Sprinters will be available:drool:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Jon the EGR system was not a referal to the valve, but rather the entire Eahaust reticulation system based on Euro 5 models Thus the addition of ad-Blue urea is negated.on the Sprinter.
I don't know which engine your getting old or new316 319 or it's configuration for BHP top end is 190HP :idunno:
Sorry if I confused you.
Richard
I get it. You mean this?

(See attached PDF Daimler announcement)

V6 CDI: top model with ten percent more torque
With its brilliant technology, the three-litre OM 642 V6 engine is one of the masterpieces of Mercedes-Benz engineering. The latest version of this engine achieves the Euro 5 emission standard with a slightly increased output and significantly higher maximum torque. At the same time fuel consumption has been significantly reduced. Further developments in the V6 also include a rail pressure of up to 1800 bar. A particulate filter continues to be standard equipment. Figures for the OM 642:

• 219 CDI/319 CDI/419 CDI/519 CDI:
Output 140 kW (190 hp) at 3800 rpm,
max. torque 440 Nm at 1400-2400 rpm.
Exhaust gas recirculation is sufficient for Euro 5 in vans
Thanks to the very high level of engine efficiency, the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter is able to achieve both Euro 5 and EEV with exhaust gas recirculation alone. Naturally all the new engines also feature a particulate filter as standard. The new engines in the OM 651 series will initially be introduced in all Sprinter versions registered as trucks in markets introducing Euro 5 from a gross vehicle weight of 3.5 t in the autumn. Introduction for models registered as passenger cars will follow.​

There's nothing like that in EPC for the NAFTA region yet, but curiosity will drive me to keep an eye out for it. The Sprinter bodybuilder website for North America says we get AdBlue in 2010. That document's still on their website.

-Jon

Attachments

Last edited:

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
this is news to me :hmmm: whats the newsprinter is the old ncv3 with a merc badge?
max.........:thinking:

sprintguy

16+ yrs Master Commercial technician

gary
Gary are you being a bit sarcastic. It was Mercedes that rebaged the Sprinter to Dodge.... Remember??
besides if it was a true Dodge it would get 8-10 MPG and break down every 1500 miles :smilewink:

Carl

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
1 January 2010, 26 days from now, I am going to order me a brand new Mercedes Sprinter:rad:. I am getting rid of that pesky Dodge EGR valve :thumbdown:and that sub par Dodge paint job:thumbdown:...
You're kidding right? Just as clothes do not make the man, a (Dodge/FRTLNR) grille does not make the van! ....Buncha-badge queens here:smirk:

The Sportsmobile site says that "2010 Sprinter prices will be available in late January.".........
Hey Rick, when the prices do become available, make sure you're sitting down.

Last edited:

bikergar

Just 25 days to go...WOW
So I've drawn concentric circles on my map to see how far I'll have to drive at this time to order my NEW IMPROVED MERCEDES SPRINTER. It's only 1006 miles :professor: to a known MERCEDES SPRINTER DEALER to do my business.

For you guys on the west coast my circles say only 3000, 3100 miles ballpark to get to your dealer. That's not so bad :thumbup:. I'll bet you guys are getting excited also :idunno:.

I wonder if Mercedes will let the hundreds of Techs, that must be in training by now for a truly SMOOTH MERCEDES TYPE JANUARY 1, 2010 TRANSITION, go home for Christmas :idunno:. Golly...I sure hope so.

gary​

Happy

Thanks!

Pic is from my trip to Lost Coast area of CA, Humbolt Redwoods state park is where the picture was taken. It's the other "growth area" after BC.

That is one nice looking Sprinter as are the trees.

What does Humbolt mean?

Mr DJ

Mr DJ

Thanks!

Pic is from my trip to Lost Coast area of CA, Humbolt Redwoods state park is where the picture was taken. It's the other "growth area" after BC.
You're welcome, Happy.

Now your Sprinter is the Extended version--correct? I want an extended cargo 4x4 but that's another story. Tell me this, in a passenger van, if you remove the seats, is it same as a cargo? I've only seen a cargo in real life, which is only what I'm interested in but if a passenger minus the seats is the same, I may go that route.

Thanks.

Mr DJ

PS. I'll have to make it to that park oneday--sweet.

Top Bottom