2015 4x4 Sprinter- Biggger agro tires!

lance_k

I am picking up a 2015 Sprinter 4x4 and part of the sale was that they would upgrade the tires for me. Currently it has Continental LT 245-75-R16 tires but we want really burly large tires with aggressive tread since this is will be a branded adventure vehicle.

I am looking at the Open Country AT2 tires from Les Schwab. I am however interested in hearing about other tires that would be a great option for this 4x4 sprinter as well as if larger tires would be an option I can't find info on how much clearance there is.

Thank you for the assistance!

Gabe Athouse

Check out hankook dynapro they are very well rated, 10ply 55,000 warranty and I've been loving mine in 245/75-16 which is about as big as I can go on my 2005 but you might be able,to run 265/75 which looks real nice on those.
I've had my share of new tire troubles on various vehicles over the years and I can say these are a great fit for sprinter. Smooth, solid feeling and rugged.
I think I paid about 150$ ea. for them
My friend has the bfg on his 2008 in 265/75-16 and is very happy with them as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jettlorne

I've got the 265/75/16 BFG AT KO2's and they seem great. Definitely don't ride as smooth as stock, but not that noticeable after driving for awhile. Haven't monkeyed with the tire pressure and they are at 66psi and 64 psi

Attachments

Jvimpty

The Duratracs are great tires, I've had them on my T1N and NCV3 vans in stock sizes. My work keeps me on back roads and a lot of forest service dirt and gravel roads so I wanted something that would work well in these conditions. These tires served me well, wore great, noise was not deafening like a Mud Terrain.

However.....The new BFG AT KO2s are simply amazing. I had sworn of BFG AT KOs from past experience (noisy, wear funny, and loud..gettting louder as they wear, not good in snow). The KO2s have changed my mind about the brand, quiet compared to the Duratracs, old KOs and from my memory, the Michelins.

I would highly recommend the KO2s but would still avoid the KO series ATs.

Jeremy

derekhski

Not running a 4x4, but have been running the Duratrac's on my little T1N. 18,000 miles of happiness so far..... This is the start of their third winter, which I mainly bought them for the winter snow flake traction. They ran great the last two weeks in the snow, driving up to Mt Hood in Oregon and over the Santiam Pass on the holiday weekend (60 miles of packed snow).

zither99

Bfg ko2's are my all-season tire and they are great. I get lots of compliments with the powder coated stock alloys and the larger size 265/65-16
They're well priced at the local Costco, I'm very happy with them.

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
The Duratracs are mighty burly looking. They also perform very well off road and in the snow. I know because I own a set and love them with my 2wd Sprinter. I have yet to get stuck with them compared to how often i got stuck with my old tires. I can't imagine how awesome they would be in a 4wd Sprinter!

Redpillar

These all look great. I wonder if anyone has run 265/75/16s on steel wheels on a 2wd? I am in the market for some KO2s.

Thanks for any help..

Have a look at Compass West to relieve any apprehension for larger tires rubbing. They are offering a 2" lift that supposedly does not compromise the fine driving experience we all love about these 2 wheel drive sprinter vans.

A contact I made recently had ordered special wheels from Alrad in Germany so he could run 315s on his new 4 by 4 north american sprinter van. The shipping and import must be prohibitive to most, but good on him for going out there and getting what should be standard on all 4 by 4's.

Thanks to all here.

Last edited:
Thinking about putting 265's on 2015 4x4. Anybody having issues with larger size? Would MB warranty be an issue? Also looking to replace the spare tire, will the larger size fit? Any feedback would be great. Tks

Top Bottom