Tips & Tricks for the Winnie ERA

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
If you don't know about electronics you can kill yourself. Probably better to get a small inverter and hook it to the charger ports. On my LTV I have the two in the cab and one in the bedroom and two in the dining room, perfect for the two TVs. I had an old 40 watt that despite being too small never seems to fail to drive the original TV in the back and a 90 watt up front that may have come with the Serenity that powers the big 32" I put behind and above the drivers seat.

I have another 300 watt that I have been trying to get to work to run my MacBook Pro, it's fine in the cab, but fails to run in the house even though there is twice the battery. My goal was to get a real big inverter, 2000 watt to allow me to make coffee and reheat a meal. I can do it when wired directly into the batteries, but not off the long wire that goes into the house electrical panel.

Perhaps both of us need to contact a professional to get the work done...

-Randy

s.k.

Bought this in a 30' length: http://www.a1hose.com/

It's genuine fire hose with garden hose ends, drinking water safe. I've got the 30' section rolled into a 10" diameter roll. He will make the hoses any length you want. Thought it'd be a good addition to a class B to help with the storage aspect. I put metal quick connect snap on ends on it so no twisting is involved. Also a quick connect on the van's water inlet.
Does anyone know what has happened to this company? I just came across this thread and thought that this would be a great hose for my new ERA. However, when I logged on to the company's website and tried to order the hose, I found out that the site wouldn't be able to take and process any orders anymore. This is quite disappointing!

liz.taylor

Re: Tips & Tricks for the Winnie ERA: 2018 70A - Storage under the cabin couch! VOILA

We have had our coach for about 1 1/2 years (bought new) and the biggest thing that bugged me was the poor access to all the storage under the settee/couch/bed in the cabin. You had to lift the seat and stick your head under there and try NOT to get stuck accessing the area. We decided to DO something about it finally - we took it all apart, built a drawer and small door for the speaker and storage of manuals and a large drawer that pulls out from under the sofa!

It took about a day for the build and 2 weeks to argue and engineer it - but here is the final product...

The drawer is between the supporting legs:

IMG_6892.jpg

The door is next to the fridge, at a slant with the speaker relocated. Just enough space for the manuals and maybe some wine bottles!

IMG_6893.jpg

More pics that might be of interest:

IMG_6894.jpg

IMG_6896.jpg

IMG_6898.jpg

General directions:

Carefully take the front cover off and unplug/pull the speaker out of the cover, putting it aside. This took some physical maneuvering to get in there, but not too difficult - be careful with the speaker and wires.

Cut off the bolts that are sticking out on the floor (they hold the seat to the floor) to allow the drawer to slide in. Don't REMOVE the bolts - you are just cutting them down to the nut level so you can slide the drawer into the area without interference.

Measure the distance between the legs (ours were about 22") and to the rear (ours was about 27") and build yourself a drawer the width and length you want - happy to send my specs and pictures if you want them. We wanted the drawer snug to the back wall (we put foam on it to protect the wall) and snug to the legs of the bench so it doesn't move around.

We used pocket screws and pine to make the drawer - using this video as a pattern: https://youtu.be/sKVo-rLv-W8 We covered the front with a piece of shelving from Home Depot that matches our cabinets pretty nicely - I put clear coat on it.

We used furniture sliders and build a groove system on the bottom of the drawer and the floor for sliding - it may not hold up to the time test, but it was easy - basically we put two strips of wood on the bottom of the drawer about 6" apart and 18" long and then 1 6" x 18" piece on the floor of the rig. This creates a "groove" of sorts that holds the drawer in place and lets you slide it. The piece on the floor is the locator. The furniture sliders are on the 2 pieces on the drawer to keep from damaging the floor and to raise it up just a bit.

We made the side door out of the same shelving and used the cutout from the front cover as a pattern for the speaker - easy mount with some hinges next to the fridge. Our manual is in a big binder so it slides in there nicely and have some room for a few wine bottles.

That's it.....HUGE add-on for storing maps, picnic blankets, whatever.

We are really happy with this much-thought out modification. Don't know why Winnebago didn't do this....too expensive I guess. But that's a lot of storage space that was hard to access.

Please feel free to contact us if you want more specs/have questions. It's hard to put all the construction info in here - we could do a video if you need it.

Thanks and hope this helps!

Lizt@arizona.edu

Last edited:

Camperme

We figured this out also and I'm using it to hold up some extra wiring I've installed
Hi we just bought a used 2013 Winnebago 70a Vin# WDAPF4CC3C5705282 with just over 20,000 miles. It has a white spice rack you mentioned in the upper cabinet. I was just wondering if you had been a previous owner of our ERA? If so we would really appreciate info dates on any service like oil changes you have done when you owned it.
Also for your info a class action suit against Mercedes allows all past owners to claim money of sometimes over $3000 for current owners because of the deficient DEF system on this vehicle. "Just over $800 for past owners". You can search google to apply for that payment if your interested.
Link: https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...9m-bluetec-emissions-class-action-settlement/

Top Bottom