Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Fleetwood

Old 01-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
SkiMeister7

Default Pulse/Icon Owners

Hello.
Anyone else out there have a Pulse or Icon?

We've had ours for about 9 months and it is great.
SkiMeister7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
Rouki

Default Re: Pulse/Icon Owners

We have an Icon 24A. Purchased one week before it started snowing up here. We only managed 800 miles, but are so far very impressed with the vehicle. We have long been fans of Europeen motorhomes. We tried ti import one into Canada but were not permitted. We liked the Europeen selection as they are very compact and efficient. We upgraded from a Westfalia to a Rialta, and now to the Icon. For all the problems reported with the Rialta, we had none. We sold it at 75,000 miles, all problem free.

I'm crossing my fingers that all the failures people here are reporting with the Sprinter do not crop-up in mine. We can't waite for spring so we can begin a new adventure...

Fleetwood Icon 24A
Rouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
windchaser

have a winnabago view 2008 have had it for 10 months and already have 25,000 miles.. had to replace only the egr valve, love it
windchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
Rich Niemeyer

Fellows, I'm new to this forum. I'm finalizing my purchase of a Fleetwood Pulse in a couple weeks. My biggest concern is availability of Sprinter parts, oil and fuel filter changes and their cost. Can any of you provide an estimate of what oil changes cost on average? I understand this little engine uses 12 quarts and of course MB spec oil. Have you found the fuel filters and oil filters easy to find? Thanks for your help. A newbie.
Rich Niemeyer
Rich Niemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
joe71vette

yes I just bough the 2009 pulse and I also love it . and just added a passenger swivel seat It's great Has any one try towing more than 3500lbs came back from calf. a few months ago put 9000miles on it with no problems
Anyone else out there have a Pulse or Icon?

We've had ours for about 9 months and it is great.[/quote]
joe71vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #6
joe71vette

Thumbs up Re: Pulse/Icon Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Niemeyer View Post
Fellows, I'm new to this forum. I'm finalizing my purchase of a Fleetwood Pulse in a couple weeks. My biggest concern is availability of Sprinter parts, oil and fuel filter changes and their cost. Can any of you provide an estimate of what oil changes cost on average? I understand this little engine uses 12 quarts and of course MB spec oil. Have you found the fuel filters and oil filters easy to find? Thanks for your help. A newbie.
Rich Niemeyer
yes it is quite expensive I paid the dodge dealer $362. for oil and fuel filter change I change my oil and filter every 10000 miles
joe71vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #7
BaywoodBill
pre-Yuppiedom

A lot of us use https://store.europarts-sd.com/ for filters and other parts. Good source.

For the '07 and later Sprinters, a lot of folks are buying their oil from MB dealers (and not mentioning it's for a Sprinter) where you can get the proper oil.

2005 2500 cargo, long, tall
BaywoodBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
Rich Niemeyer

Thank you all for your advice. I feel better that part availability is better than I thought. Can't wait to get started next week.
Rich Niemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #9
windchaser

just found at pep boys that they have castrol snthetic oil 0w - 30w oil for our vans that is mb approved..its the only local place that carrys oil that is approved.. just a heads up
windchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #10
THC

We have a 2009 Pulse 24A w/front entertainment center (no bed). I am in the process of adding several items including a CB. Does anyone have any experience with the best placement of a CB antenna on the Pulse/Icon? The one I brought is a 4' NGP (no ground plane) fiberglass type. I installed the CB overhead, but have become squemish about drilling a hole in the side of the vehicle. Actually, I don't mind drilling the hole--I just want to get it right the first time!! With the length
of the antenna, I am also worried about hanging it up on a tree and tearing a hole in the side of the motorhome where it is mounted. Don't know if you can add a spring to a NGP antenna without making it un-tunable. Any help would be appreciated.
THC is offline   Reply With Quote