1. T

Backwoods adventure Front bumper for 2008 Sprinter

I found Backwoods adventure Front bumper for sale on Facebook marketplace. According to the manufacturer website that model fits 2014-2018. Has anyone tried mounting one on an earlier NCV3 model? I would love to mount on my 2008, but worried that there may be frame or engine components that...
  2. T

San Jose, California Sprinter Service - and other Pre-Purchase questions

SAN JOSE SPRINTER PPI Any of you have a referral to a shop in San Jose, CA, to do a solid fair-priced pre-purchase inspection for a 2008 Sprinter 2500 High Roof 144" ? FSM Where I can get a Factory Service Manual for that vehicle? ENGINE HEALTH It seems the seller (private party) is pretty...
  3. M

Alternator/ Transmission Leak/ Wheel Sensor Saga

Hi all - I am finally starting my own thread because I have finally invested in a more powerful scanner that has given me more clarity around the codes and problems facing my sprinter. I purchased the Thinkdiag I have an 08 Sprinter 3.0 L diesel pass van, rear AC (deleted). I have had some...
  4. 0

NCV3: 2006-2018 NCV3 rear bumper center section W/park sense

This cover is used but in good useable condition. It has a few minor blemishes, but is in overall good condition. The park sense sensors are all fully functional.
  5. 0

NCV3: 2006-2018 07-09 Mercedes Sprinter grill

This grill is brand new, but has a couple minor scratches from shipping. It is located in south Seattle and local pick up is preferred, as I don't have a box to ship it in.
  6. Y

NCV3 Pre-Purchase Inspection (Opinions? Should I Run?)

Hey Guys, I’ve been on the hunt for my first sprinter and have been mostly looking at T1N’s, but came across a 2008 NCV3 that checked all of my boxes (and I can stand up all the way in it - so that is a huge plus). It's a 144 from the upper midwest (Minnesota I think) with a clean Carfax and...
  7. W

NCV3: 2006-2018 2008 sprinter 170” 2500, 140,000

2008 Sprinter 170” 140,000 miles located in San Diego/SoCal. https://post.craigslist.org/manage/7332810129?action=display&go=display https://vanlifetrader.com/listing/2008-sprinter-170/ Contact me via Craigslist or van life trader, thanks for looking. :)
  8. E

Newbie kicking tires of 2008 Sprinter with check engine light

Greetings. I'm kicking the tires on a 2008 Sprinter 2500 with 140K miles. In its previously life it was as a slow moving shuttle for a resort (which may account for the problems below), but the current owner wanted to use it as a delivery vehicle for his business. He's opted to not use it for...
  9. F

NCV3: 2006-2018 Wanted: 2008 passenger interior trim

I'm looking for several pieces of interior trim for a 2008 2500 170"wb trim piece(s) covering the pillars behind the driver and front pax seat. These wrap around the pillars and span from floor to ceiling. interior trim surrounding the rear door opening. Probably three pieces: one on each...
  10. E

Thoughts on 2008 Dodge Sprinter

Hello, Considering buying my first sprinter, and knowing nothing about them, wanted to know if the 2008 model was relatively reliable, and what would be the crucial bullet points of maintenance and disadvantages to buying a 200k odometer van. Thanks guys, looking forward to learning.
  11. J

HELP 08 Sprinter 2500 would not start this cold morning

Hello all, i have a 2008 FreightLiner Sprinter 2500 w/ 3.0l 6cyl turbodiesel Mer-Benz eng 195K miles .. had roughly 145K when i bought it 1-1/2yr ago So this morning was 16 degrees out and all she would do is crank! i went back out once it was about 40 degrees still just cranks .. i just had...
  12. O

2008 won't crank / turn over after voltage sensing relay install

I have a 2008 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 144WB and have been building it out as a campervan for several months now (quick side note to say I've used Sprinter Source a million times and somehow never had to post yet), and have just started working on the house electrical system. The van has...
  13. C

2008 Sprinter - Shifting hard when cold

I am new to Sprinter vans. I recently purchased a 2008 2500 with 160K miles on it. Unfortunately, I do not have any of the maintenance records. It was serviced by a Mercedes dealer before I purchased it. They replaced the battery cables and the fuel pump/filter. Mechanically, everything seems...
  14. A

Side Mirror Wiring question 2008 2500

I get the mirror on and off no problem but can't figure out where the connector to the wiring harness connects. All of the diagrams show a connector inside the mirror housing. This is not the true case. The new mirror has a harness with a connector coming out the base of the mirror that goes...
  15. H

egr 2008 sprinter removal

I've read everything out there that I can find but no one really has described the actual removal of the egr from a 2007 up. I cant even turn mine with out the use of a small soft hammer. no chance of getting it out. Any help suggestions from people that have done this before would be great...
  16. T

u-haul hitch on 2008 dodge 2500 170in

anyone have any experience using the u-haul brand hitch on a sprinter van? u-haul will install it and do all the wiring for around $350. here are the specs: Square Tube 2 inch Rec. (Powder Coat) Class 3 hitch Max weight: 6,000 lbs, Max distribution weight: 7,500 lbs Part number: 75239
  17. M

EGR Troubles

Greetings all, I'm new to the forum, but have already found it to be an awesome resource. I have a 2008 3500 dually and have always had one issue or another with it. That being said, it has been the best work vehicle I have ever owned. I own a commercial refrigeration company and currently have...
  18. 8string

NB Question on Holding Tank(s) Emptying

So I bought a used RTrek RS 2008 in February, 30k miles, lovingly cared for, drove it back from Tucson in March. Did *not* use the holding tanks on the way back as we used RV parks the whole way. Also in our camping in the last month used the toilets for only urine. Tank should *not* be full...
  19. W

Winnebago View Mercedes Diesel for sale

Due to health reasons, must sell our 2008 Winnebago View 24J floorplan. This motorhome is a pleasure to drive, park and camp in. Easy hookup at any campground, great floorplan sleeps 6. Mercedes Diesel engine gets great 17-19 mpg. Climbs hills like a dream. Slideout at dining area. Propane Onan...

Top Bottom