Alcoa Duea Bright Aluminum rims

Lots of people with LTV Unity and Serenity RVs had Alcoa wheels installed as an option when their unit was delivered.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
I have Alcoa wheels on my Interstate based on the 3500 dually Sprinter. Mine are pre Dura-Bright so they have to be polished to look good. I understand the new Alcoa Dura-Bright finish is very durable. Wish I had it on my wheels.

FYI- Advanced RV also installs Alcoa wheels.

You can read more here:
https://www.arconic.com/alcoawheels/north-america/en/durabright-evo.asp

- - Mike
2012 Sprinter 3500 Extended converted B-Van by Airstream

Last edited:

hein

Van Guru
Sometime ago, our Alcoa wheels were shinny. They don't look as good now but still a great wheel for a Sprinter 3500. Unless things have changed, you can't put one on the inside in back due to wheel thickness and length of the studs. We have the OEM steel wheel inboard. We went up a tire size as well to an LTX 235/85. Great smooth ride but we also have full air suspension in the rear (no leaf springs) and Konis all around.

Last edited:

hoosierrun

I believe the newer LTV dually's have an aluminum inside wheel, but it is not the shiny bright aluminum.

In any case, you probably want to buy the Borg solid stainless steel valve stems (comes in a kit) if you ever intend to install TPMS sensors.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
I believe the newer LTV dually's have an aluminum inside wheel, but it is not the shiny bright aluminum.

In any case, you probably want to buy the Borg solid stainless steel valve stems (comes in a kit) if you ever intend to install TPMS sensors.
Alcoa has actually redesigned their wheels to allow using two in dual positions. They have tried to keep up with changes made by Daimler Vans over the years. Here is a link to the relevant Alcoa bulletins. First two listed are about Sprinter 3500 wheels.
https://www.arconic.com/alcoawheels/north-america/en/tech-bulletins.asp

Top Bottom