Rear Hoisting Points... are they somewhere on my RV?

MeRob

My tires timed out. 35,000 miles on my RV since 2012. Now it's time for 6 new ones.
Can't depend on MB to have the room or the interest in doing it. So best be prepared for other bids.
Thought I'd be smart (like mother Forum members) and PAINT the location of the Official Sprinter 'Jack Hoisting Pads' ...so nobody could plead ignorance.

It was a great idea but "Agh!" "Where are those rear locations ?" I can't see any 'Pads' or room in, around, or near the rear for a spider to rest... let alone place a Rear Hoist or Wheel Jack...
I think I spotted two forward but nothing aft.
Saw Pads up front, just behind each front wheel area....hmmm.

Can anyone tell me where the rear jacks on an RV may be safely set ? (considering the RV weight)

Best I not paint anything until I'm sure it's correct! Thanks.... Rob

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
Believe the rear jack points are the flat pieces of metal that surround the front spring eye of the rear spring. On my RV, if you are going to use a floor jack, you need a piece of 4x4 lumber to avoid pushing into other stuff that is hanging underneath.

GaryJ

Here since 2006
Have you checked the MB owner's manual? It will specify the jacking points. Hopefully the coach manufacturer didn't put something in the way of the jacking points.

Gary

D

Deleted member 50714

Hi Rob, I looked and could not find an owner's manual for the chassis cab. Found the Jaboree manual but it refers you to the chassis cab manual. Not sure if your lifting points are the same as a crew van?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

pfflyer

My tires timed out. 35,000 miles on my RV since 2012. Now it's time for 6 new ones.
Can't depend on MB to have the room or the interest in doing it. So best be prepared for other bids.
Thought I'd be smart (like mother Forum members) and PAINT the location of the Official Sprinter 'Jack Hoisting Pads' ...so nobody could plead ignorance.

It was a great idea but "Agh!" "Where are those rear locations ?" I can't see any 'Pads' or room in, around, or near the rear for a spider to rest... let alone place a Rear Hoist or Wheel Jack...

Can anyone tell me where the rear jacks on an RV may be safely set ? (considering the RV weight)

Have you checked with the dealer? Mine was competitive on Michelins and I felt I had a better chance of it getting lifted correctly.

MeRob

Thanks Mike... I'll look it over again.
I also agree with pflyer... MB should be the obvious choice... but besides having high prices and fancy front offices... the level of service between them and their less expensive competition is sadly becoming blurred.

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel

You can download the owner's manual here:
https://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/owners-resources/owner-manuals
Just scroll down to the 2012 version, and download away!

Top Bottom