Energy Upgrade

I posted this in the the NCV3 Talk forum, but it's not getting much traction so, as a Roadtrek owner, I am re-posting here. Administrator: Please remove the other post or move this post to the most applicable location.

Just completed an incredible conversion/upgrade from SolaRVs (http://solarvs.com). Transitioned our 2014 Roadtrek CS Adventurous from original 1250 Watt, 190 AmpHours of AGM power to 3000 Watt, 400 AH of Lithium (LFP) power. The van now views all input as "shore power" whether battery or actual shore power and provides that power to every outlet. It will even run the A/C on battery power. A super-professional upgrade from a remarkable team of creative geniuses.

The second photo is of the four batteries in the galley pantry. The third photo is the Xantrex Freedom XW Sine Wave inverter under the (disassembled) power sofa.

Attachments

Moto Vita

I posted this in the the NCV3 Talk forum, but it's not getting much traction so, as a Roadtrek owner, I am re-posting here. Administrator: Please remove the other post or move this post to the most applicable location.

Just completed an incredible conversion/upgrade from SolaRVs (http://solarvs.com). Transitioned our 2014 Roadtrek CS Adventurous from original 1250 Watt, 190 AmpHours of AGM power to 3000 Watt, 400 AH of Lithium (LFP) power. The van now views all input as "shore power" whether battery or actual shore power and provides that power to every outlet. It will even run the A/C on battery power. A super-professional upgrade from a remarkable team of creative geniuses.

The second photo is of the four batteries in the galley pantry. The third photo is the Xantrex Freedom XW Sine Wave inverter under the (disassembled) power sofa.
In photo #2 what is the blue box below the batteries and above the Alde? Is it different batteries than the two above?

Last edited:
In photo #2 what is the blue box below the batteries and above the Alde? Is it different batteries than the two above?
Yes. There are two pairs of 100Ah batteries. The uppermost are two Smart Batteries. Below that are two Battle Borns. On the bottom, as you point out, is the Alde unit. Ideally the batteries would all be the same manufacturer and same age, but I bought them independently for other projects over time, uniting the heap for this project. It's working great.

Top Bottom