T1N 4" Pioneer Dash Speakers on Sale today only 10/24

photogravity

Former Sprinter Wannabe
That's a super deal... I'll be interested to see if they install as easy as some of the others that have been suggested on this forum. I'm guessing they're all pretty much the same, once you remove the one ear/tab on the speaker.

That's a super deal... I'll be interested to see if they install as easy as some of the others that have been suggested on this forum. I'm guessing they're all pretty much the same, once you remove the one ear/tab on the speaker.
Nice sounding 250w speakers and received in under 2 days. Well worth the 14.99 including shipping!

Install is super easy.

1. Remove side trim by door jam. (pops on/off)
2. Pop off speaker grill.
3. Remove old speaker.
4. Clean all the stuff you popped off and the big piece on dash now also pops out so clean it too. *I like use Turtle F21 Protectant Spray after cleaning.
5. Break off one mounting tab on new speakers.
6. Install and add screws to open tab.
7. Reassemble.

Nice sounding 250w speakers and received in under 2 days. Well worth the 14.99 including shipping!

Oh sure. Just gloat and rub our noses in it. :dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm:

I too am sorry that I was late to the party in seeing your original posting. It was a smokin' deal.

Thanks for trying though. :thumbup:

:cheers: vic

Oh sure. Just gloat and rub our noses in it. :dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm:

I too am sorry that I was late to the party in seeing your original posting. It was a smokin' deal.

Thanks for trying though. :thumbup:

:cheers: vic
lol vic, no nose rubbing here except the wounds received a few days ago by playing too rough with my Malinois dog and mistakenly thinking I'm faster!

I'll keep an eye out for more deals on them and gladly repost and pm you when found. *That's the least I can do for all the knowledge you selflessly share with us Sprinter lovers. Thanks again!

Sounds like it's just the same, for sure. Seems taking off that extra ear was probably the most difficult part. :hmmm:
Actually the difficult part was finding out a channel is going out in the receiver van came with and installing a classic old Pioneer in it's place. But even more difficult was having a few of those dash accessory tabs fall back into doghouse area and now taking stuff apart trying to fish them out! :/

BTW, does the doghouse inside van firewall come entirely off so it's easier to access motor on a T1N as they do on some vans? Thanks! :cheers:

Dougflas

DAD OWNER
Actually the difficult part was finding out a channel is going out in the receiver van came with and installing a classic old Pioneer in it's place. But even more difficult was having a few of those dash accessory tabs fall back into doghouse area and now taking stuff apart trying to fish them out! :/

BTW, does the doghouse inside van firewall come entirely off so it's easier to access motor on a T1N as they do on some vans? Thanks! :cheers:

Interior dog house does not come off.

TDfanman

I just bought a set of those pioneer TS-G1045R speakers from Amazon for $32.55. I see I can get them through Walmart.com today for 25.13.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pioneer-...54589&wl11=online&wl12=41161836&wl13=&veh=sem

Pretty easy install. I used tin snips and trimmed about 2/3 off 3 of the tabs on each speaker. There is room to leave one as is. Then I used 2 of the screws that came with the speakers to hold them in using the uncut tab and the one opposite it. I could not get my drill in for a pilot hole, so I used a self taping screw to start a hole, and then just turned the speaker screw in with a lot if pressure.

I turned the screws in while the speakers were in place, but I recommend marking them with a felt marker and then removing to get the holes started. I slipped a couple times and could easily have punched through my new speakers with my stubby phillips head.

"Quality 4" speakers" is probably an oxymoron, but I did look at specs and these were better than most. Stock ones were blown when I bought the van a few weeks ago, so the improvement is stunning for the time and money invested.

Jodean

kicker on amazon are $22

some say the boss for $12 are ok also

I just ordered rockford fosgate for $32, only because i have some RF 5.25 to mount above my head to match

TDfanman

Well, the Pioneers are blown already. Going to try some 4" Pyle next. I have also mounted some Pioneer 6x9 in boxes to one of the roof ribs just behind the slider. Won't have to push the front speakers so hard now so maybe they will last longer.

TDfanman

Edit: I thought the Pioneers were blown because they were ratting so much you could not listen to them. I ordered some Pyle PL42BL to try. When I removed the Pioneers I could see nothing wrong, just some crud that had worked through the grills and was dancing in the cones. After I removed the grills and blew them out the sound was OK.

I went ahead and put the Pyles in anyway. Not as easy to fit as the Pioneers but it can be done. I like the sound of the Pyles slightly better, although the Pioneer have slightly better specs.

I also have some Pioneer 6x9 in boxes hanging from a roof rib just aft of the sliding door. If I could get rid of the wind noise at highway speeds it would be pretty good sound.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
I used a roll of automotive weather stripping from NAPA to fill the gap along the A-pillar from the mirror to the B-pillar. This has made a HUGE difference, and has eliminated the door being sucked open at the corner, even above 60mph.

Positioning is finicky, but the narrow side closed the gap nicely.
It should also prevent powdery snow collecting in the gap above the door. Brushing off the driver’s seat when I open the door is getting tiresome...

-dave

Attachments

Thanks for bringing this back. Last week I was about to ask if anyone knew which particular molding fits for this secondary add on rubber molding. Any addition to quiet down these vans on the highway is a win win. Hopefully my local Napa store will have this profile. Peel and stick?

I did add some front cab wind deflectors recently. The difference is kind of, sort of..... mostly negligible.

Lining my whole front cab doors and floor and step well areas with adhesive sound dampener has made the biggest impact.

The adding of a secondary rubber seal like yours couldn't hurt and it looks so clean. Thanks Nautamaran.

Sorry we have gone off from the music sound speaker topic, but Nautamaran, how far down on the front edge of doors were you able to glue in the new secondary rubber gasket? I see that the door gap takes a turn just above the rear view mirror and the gap goes down to the black plastic covering of the rear view mirror attachment area.

I just ordered 10' of the gasket material and bought a couple rolls of double stick auto molding tape at Napa. This tape came in 5' rolls. I measured about 4' will be needed for each cab door if it ends before the rear view mirror plastic covering. Anything that helps the road noise is well worth every effort. Thanks.

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
JCMITS, I did the secondary weather strip mod and left about a 6”-8” gap around the mirror pinch point. I’d like to find a profile that will work there without it getting torn up by the hinge and pinch points but it doesn’t seem to produce too much wind noise with the rest of the door sealed.

Top Bottom