Leaks

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Has anyone had this one: Yestrerday, after a trip in the rain, we noticed some moisture on the floor of the little cabinet that's under the wardrobe. There's a panel at the back of this cabinet, so I removed it. I found drips of water on a black pipe that appears to be a vent from the black tank to the roof of the van. I'm wondering if there is a leak in the roof but it was dark then and still raining, so I put a towel under the pipe and resolved to investigate more completely after the rain stops.

Sound familiar to anyone?

What Next

Hey Bill I do think the first owner of my LTV did have to have the vent on top caulked or fixed in some way.
I use to find water on the floor under fridge, it doesn't take much water in drip tray in fridge to run over when going down road.
Been on the road since Jan 2 this is working out great, wife, I and dog are still getting along .

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Thanks for the response.

Where's the refrigerator drip trray?

Are you driving from place to place every day or do you stop/stay a few days and then move on?

I presume you aren't traveling around Illinois.

Don Horner

2012 Unity IB
I had a small leak around the shaft of the TV antenna. The tech fellow found that a gasket had popped out, and put it back in with some caulk for good measure. I haven't found any other leaks.

I've been having some problems with the refrigerator when used with propane, and my freezer has defrosted a couple of times when I wasn't planning on it. In those cases, I had water running out of the fridge and down over the cover of the electrical converter to the floor, where it puddled.

There should be a plastic tray, the width of the refrigerator but only about 2" square, just under the freezer at the back of the topmost shelf.

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
OK about the drip tray. I was thinking of one underneath somewhere like on a real refrigerator.

I had emailed Wally about the leak and he believes it's at the roof vent and suggested I caulk and test. Actually he said "black water vent pipe on the roof top. Re-seal your vent pipe and cap and test".

I haven't been up to look. I hope it's not going to be a big deal getting the vent cap off.

What Next

Don filled you in on drip tray and like Wally says a little caulk and I hope you are ok.
We are in the RGV (Rio Grande Valley) south Texas. We have stayed 3 weeks to 3 days we had to move on a couple of times because the spots were reserved . The parks vary right now we have the smallest spot we have had so far but the pool is about 200 feet away they have a good workout room and the wifi is good plus 100 channels on the cable. Thursday we head over to South Padre for 12 days I actually have reservations for that. Every park has had several Bs lot of friendly people.
Oh my LTV has the Mercedes grill and I have removed all the LTV decals it's fun to watch the people walk around it trying to figure out what is.

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
I've considered removing all the decals. I took off the worst ones on the rear. We have elected not to have the Mercedes badging. We'll probably keep it as it is now but it would be a kick to have it incognito.

That Rio Grande country is something else. I was through there a couple of times on my way to and from Laredo. Got stuck in the snow there once. We plan to keep our feet (and wheels) out of Texas forever.

jjrubino

Hi, I have the same exact problem you describe - water on the black pipe. I think it is the roof vent leaking. Did you ever identify the cause?

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Hi, I have the same exact problem you describe - water on the black pipe. I think it is the roof vent leaking. Did you ever identify the cause?
I believe it was the roof vent. I had caulked it a couple of times but then my wife got into the act. She removed my caulking and did a professional job. Haven't had the water problem ever since. But we keep checking, just in case.

Top Bottom